Page 135 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1542

Thread: WHAT IS YOUR EDC KNIFE?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

WHAT IS YOUR EDC KNIFE?

Hmmm why is the thread title “... EDC Knife,” singular? I always have at least two knives: a folder like TheyWhoShallNotBeNamed Barrage, and SAK Camper or Pioneer. If I am hiking or camping I’ll add a sheath knife like a 4-5” Buck, and if I am working with power tools, wire or machinery then add a Leatherman Wingman or Sidekick. So minimum of two and max of four, well five if you count the Doug Ritter neck knife from my pocket survival kit while hiking.

Still waiting anxiously for my new JP EDC Hunting Tip sheath knife for IWB/pocket carry to arrive.
    Last edited by NWPilgrim; 05-09-19 at 22:14.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    So minimum of two and max of four, well five if you count the Doug Ritter neck knife from my pocket survival kit while hiking.
    Holy moly! FIVE? With all those knives, your sidearm, your backup gun, cell phone, keys, wallet, pen, and flashlight, where do you carry your energy bar and emergency condom?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
    Holy moly! FIVE? With all those knives, your sidearm, your backup gun, cell phone, keys, wallet, pen, and flashlight, where do you carry your energy bar and emergency condom?
    Those are inside the backpack emergency life raft!
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hmmm why is the thread title “... EDC Knife,” singular? I always have at least two knives: a folder like TheyWhoShallNotBeNamed Barrage, and SAK Camper or Pioneer. If I am hiking or camping I’ll add a sheath knife like a 4-5” Buck, and if I am working with power tools, wire or machinery then add a Leatherman Wingman or Sidekick. So minimum of two and max of four, well five if you count the Doug Ritter neck knife from my pocket survival kit while hiking.

Still waiting anxiously for my new JP EDC Hunting Tip sheath knife for IWB/pocket carry to arrive.
    BTW, he's starting work on the design I wanted based on the EDC tanto I have that should be for sale at some point. So, I'm waiting anxiously to see that cuz I think it's gonna be a great fixed EDC for a very fair price that takes up only a tad more room, but will be a lot more knife.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    BTW, he's starting work on the design I wanted based on the EDC tanto I have that should be for sale at some point. So, I'm waiting anxiously to see that cuz I think it's gonna be a great fixed EDC for a very fair price that takes up only a tad more room, but will be a lot more knife.
    Be sure to let us know when that is available. I like your ideas in this.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Be sure to let us know when that is available. I like your ideas in this.
    Rgr rgr!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ive perused this thread a bit as I find myself in the need for a new EDC knife after an unfortunate incident with my Griptilian...

I see some folders in the 350-450 range that looks fantastic, but I cant justify that type of money.

I think I could go 150-200 bucks.

Whats the hotness in folders under $200 these days?

Is the Griptilian still up there? It was the go to when I bought it back in 2011 or 2012, but a ton of stuff has come out since then.

Im tempted to go back with another one.

I live in Texas so I could run an auto knife, but im not a huge knife guy so for me its a one size fits all approach, so not sure an auto knife is the best choice...for me.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    ive perused this thread a bit as I find myself in the need for a new EDC knife after an unfortunate incident with my Griptilian...

I see some folders in the 350-450 range that looks fantastic, but I cant justify that type of money.

I think I could go 150-200 bucks.

Whats the hotness in folders under $200 these days?

Is the Griptilian still up there? It was the go to when I bought it back in 2011 or 2012, but a ton of stuff has come out since then.

Im tempted to go back with another one.

I live in Texas so I could run an auto knife, but im not a huge knife guy so for me its a one size fits all approach, so not sure an auto knife is the best choice...for me.
    You can't go wrong with a benchmade. If its a user and your going to beat on it, Benchmade's warranty is outstanding. They will completely refurb your current Griptilian with a new blade and hardware for $35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    You can't go wrong with a benchmade. If its a user and your going to beat on it, Benchmade's warranty is outstanding. They will completely refurb your current Griptilian with a new blade and hardware for $35.
    My griptilian is not in my possession anymore... I cant go into details...

Thats why I am exploring newer options, although the Griptilian was a great go to for the 7 or 8 years I had it.

Page 135 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast