Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread: New Sharps Relia-Bolt design using S7 tool steel.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My original bolt is still running fine after 4K (steel case mostly) and no issues yet. The experiment continues.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    My original bolt is still running fine after 4K (steel case mostly) and no issues yet. The experiment continues.
    Did you notice any of the machining issues like I'm facing?

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseofthePhoenix View Post
    SunnyState came through with replacements, but I found more rough machining.

Do you guys think this will cause any issues? These are slightly raised areas. Maybe I'm being too picky now.... I can feel the raised edge when I run my finger over it.
    This is piss poor, while I don't know that it will cause issues it certainly won't help. I'd move on, if you really need/want an enhanced carrier and bolt I'd just get an LMT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don’t have the BCG, just the bolt. Mine does not have any machining issues though. Smooth and clean surfaces. I will snap some pics and post later today.

Did you notice any of the machining issues like I'm facing?
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 06-20-19 at 09:31.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    This is piss poor, while I don't know that it will cause issues it certainly won't help. I'd move on, if you really need/want an enhanced carrier and bolt I'd just get an LMT.
    Agreed, hopefully I can get a refund. This whole thing has been a mess and a complete waste of my time. $150 ha!

Feedback Score
    Much appreciated! Hopefully I'll get this resolved. I'd even take round 3 of replacement BCGs. Unfortunately/fortunately in the time it's taken to replace and deal with sharps, ive already found replacements. LMT would have been a much much better option
    Last edited by RiseofthePhoenix; 06-20-19 at 09:48.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Its not on any bearing surface so it wont matter. Its just cosmetic.

Feedback Score
    Good to know, but problem is I didn't pay for blemished parts. 4 out of 5 have been blemished.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Long time lurker. I purchased a few sharps BCG for some builds. Finally got them together and opened the packaging to find the machining to be a jagged. Small, but certainly noticeable. Additionally, Sharps has removed their lifetime warranty on their "relia" bolts. From lifetime to 90 days doesn't seem like a company that believes in the longevity of their products.

I was going to pick up their new 308 bolt, but after their warranty change I went with a few Brownells instead.

If they for some reason deny my lifetime warranty on a product that hasn't even been used, I'll just buy a few Brownells titanium BCGs and use the bolt
    I missed this pic before, is the material actually peened over? I mean displaced, as opposed to just being shiny in that pic....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Much appreciated! Hopefully I'll get this resolved. I'd even take round 3 of replacement BCGs. Unfortunately/fortunately in the time it's taken to replace and deal with sharps, ive already found replacements. LMT would have been a much much better option
    So after #3 & 4 were as pictured I worked directly with Sharps who eventually made it right. They had their gunsmith review the bolts to exchange and they were in good condition.

That's being said, I much prefer the flawless machining on the Brownell Titanium (not coating, actual titanium) BCGs the first time every time. The Sharps will sit in a box as this experience was more than frustrating and unacceptable. Maybe end up selling, but never hurts to have additional parts laying around.

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast