Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast

Thread: New Sharps Relia-Bolt design using S7 tool steel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Email them the pictures including the "No Questions Asked -- Lifetime Warranty" one. I'd like to know how this got resolved. They may want proof of purchase, too.
    Figured out solution
    Last edited by RiseofthePhoenix; 06-06-19 at 16:13.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=RiseofthePhoenix;2740649]Definitely will update. I cc'd the retailer sunnystate outdoors on my email to them which included both photos. They're radio silent so far.

Figured out solution
    Last edited by RiseofthePhoenix; 06-06-19 at 16:13.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sucks man.

I've got one complete BCG and maybe 2 or 3 of just their bolts that I'm running in a Bootleg adjustable carrier. All bought within a year or so.

I only bought them because I like DLC as a coating and they were somewhat cheap. Plenty of options for DLC now.... and I'm definitely not buying anymore. The lifetime warranty is what convinced me to buy them in the first place due to their early problems. I've got close to 6k rounds shot between the complete BCG and the Bolts I have, no issues to date though.

Going to look at the BCG I have and see if it has the same carrier machine marks as yours. Keep us updated for sure!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I used the ask a question feature on their site and they got back to me within 15 minutes...

I just asked why the change to 90 days from lifetime and if they were new issues with the bolts that they were aware of. Here is the response I got back.

"Our Limited Lifetime Warranty, as it states, covers manufacturer defects. So, if for some reason, there is a problem with our bolt or carrier, we will replace it with proof of purchase. If not purchased directly from us, then you will have to go back to the place you purchased it from, they will contact us, and we will work with them on getting a replacement. As for there being a problem, obviously you have not heard about the voluntary recall we had in 2014, where we had one batch of bolts that was tempered incorrectly, and bolts were sheering off. We sent every single person a replacement bolt, as well as a SASE to send the faulty bolts back. We stand behind our products. If there was a problem, we would make the public aware of it"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhalo View Post
    I used the ask a question feature on their site and they got back to me within 15 minutes...

I just asked why the change to 90 days from lifetime and if they were new issues with the bolts that they were aware of. Here is the response I got back.

"Our Limited Lifetime Warranty, as it states, covers manufacturer defects. So, if for some reason, there is a problem with our bolt or carrier, we will replace it with proof of purchase. If not purchased directly from us, then you will have to go back to the place you purchased it from, they will contact us, and we will work with them on getting a replacement. As for there being a problem, obviously you have not heard about the voluntary recall we had in 2014, where we had one batch of bolts that was tempered incorrectly, and bolts were sheering off. We sent every single person a replacement bolt, as well as a SASE to send the faulty bolts back. We stand behind our products. If there was a problem, we would make the public aware of it"
    Update, yes, it seems you have to follow a different process now. So after business day three I posted a bad review to their Facebook and I got an almost instantaneous reply telling me that is not the method to express an issue (ok, but three days of unanswered emails isn't either). They then said they would handle the exchange.

I then got an email response telling me they already spoke with me on Facebook and essentially scolded me for not handling communication of their damaged/defective product correctly informing me I'm not their only customer.....OK.

To have avoided this entire fiasco:

1. Mention on the website clarifying lifetime warrantied products and the change to 90 days.
    2. The FIRST email should have detailed how they handle exchanges and their address if I don't hear back from the retailer. Apologizing for the inconvenience this has caused.
    3. A little understanding on their part that, I as a paying customer, got a damaged/defective product. Instead of using said product, I'm having to go through this process and returning said damaged products on my own dime/time

Maybe I've been spoiled by companies like V Seven, Brownells and heck even Optics Planet that basically say "Any issues, here's a RMA# and a shipping label." Really this is now the standard of ANY retailer/manufacturer I deal with today.

Either way this experienced has certainly soured me on Sharps. I know I will not be buying any more of their products and in fact, might just sell the bcgs when they come in so I don't have to deal with this again.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Damn dude...

Surprises me they didn't just issue a label and say a new one is in the mail... Pretty bad CS. The lady I emailed back was pretty nice and responsive, but I don't like how they handled your issue. Probably done with them as well for future stuff. I've already said no to Faxon after how they handled another poster here, some companies don't get it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhalo View Post
    Damn dude...

Surprises me they didn't just issue a label and say a new one is in the mail... Pretty bad CS. The lady I emailed back was pretty nice and responsive, but I don't like how they handled your issue. Probably done with them as well for future stuff. I've already said no to Faxon after how they handled another poster here, some companies don't get it.
    SunnyStateOutdoors stepped up and issued a return label.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiseofthePhoenix View Post
    SunnyStateOutdoors stepped up and issued a return label.
    Good to hear, same place I bought mine from. They seem like good people haven't had to really use their CS yet though.

Feedback Score
    SunnyState came through with replacements, but I found more rough machining.

Do you guys think this will cause any issues? These are slightly raised areas. Maybe I'm being too picky now.... I can feel the raised edge when I run my finger over it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RiseofthePhoenix; 06-19-19 at 21:24.

Feedback Score
    More pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast