Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommend a decent OTF knife for me?

Feedback Score
    I've got plenty of Axis Benchmades that open pretty easily. Was looking for something a little different
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Dude, I don't care what anyone says - I used to sell knives for a living and Microtechs are overpriced PIECES OF JUNK. I had so many customer issues and getting them to return a knife that had been sent in for warranty work was like twisting someone's arm. I would get so frustrated dealing with their CS. They are an unreal company. I lost two $400+ knives to them and they never answered their e-mails. I've dealt with every major brand's CS and theirs is by far the worse. Save your money and buy a Taiwanese clone. On a whim I bought a $34 Scarab clone and not only does it hit harder than the real thing, but there's less blade play. They look identical. Sorry Microtech guys - you payed too much for your knife. I took a few of these apart - there's a reason why you need special tools to disassemble them - because they don't want you looking inside to see how frail of a "tool" it really is. I would skip D/A and get a strong S/A OTF like a Dalton, Protech, etc... Double actions are fun and I support American business, but I don't support gouging - just buy a clone - I've opened and closed mine at least 1000 times and it still functions as new. It's sharp. It's less than $40. It may be counterfeit..yadda...yadda.. morals... but I'm not giving Marfione another red cent of my money!!!
    I am going to call bs on this. I have been carrying microtech since the mid 90s. I have never had issues with customer service note has anyone that has been sent to them. Only time I know of is when people send them fake knives they thought were real and microtech destroyed the knives. There was a time when they moved from Florida that things were a bit slow, but now they are in Nc and not heard of any issues. They have lifetime warranties and lifetime free sharpening. They also give mil and leo discounts. And you calling them frail is complete bs. We use and abuse the crap out of these knives. Hell you can look up torture tests and see what all microtechs can put up with. They use special tools because they dont want people that have no idea what they are doing to loose parts or reassemble them incorrectly. Hell I know people that screwed up reassemble and sent microtech all the parts and was fixed no problem.
    Last edited by chef8489; 01-15-20 at 16:26.

Feedback Score
    I'm partial to Benchmade's due to a decade with 940s, so I went with a Mini-Infidel to start with. I like the side trigger. If I like the autos I might try a REcon 035, or a Microyech,
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Got my infidel. It’s pretty sweet. It’s a little more effort than I thought it would take to deploy the blade. My 12-year-old daughter actually doesn’t have the thumb strength to make the mechanism work. For a spear tip I like the wide side mounted actuator. If I got one with a top side one, I think I’ll go with a tanto blade or something.

It's that simple.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123