Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Weaponlight

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    80-100 lumens...100+ HOURS BATTERY LIFE.
    I checked their website and read 167 lumens and 130 hours on 4 AA's. Do you happen to know over how much of that 130 hours the 167 lumens is sustained?

BTW, their link to their "preferred online vendor" bombed.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    I checked their website and read 167 lumens and 130 hours on 4 AA's. Do you happen to know over how much of that 130 hours the 167 lumens is sustained?

BTW, their link to their "preferred online vendor" bombed.
    There are different models. So it varies. I got mine I think on amazon.com.

In any event the chip controls the lumen output and I can't find my owner's manual,so I'm not sure how it exactly breaks down, but from what I remember you can actually set the dimming effect. IIRC at SHOT the owner said it that in "non-battery save mode" it produced full power full for 70% of battery life, then dims to 30% lumens until it goes dead.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Manley View Post
    Ok, so here is the deal. I am looking for a durable light for my carbine, because the cheap piece of shit that I have currently no longer works. The criteria I am looking to meet are 1. Must be durable, 2. Use CR123a Batteries, 3. Activated by a pressure switch, 4. Be in a reasonable price range (not really looking to spend $300+ on a f**king flashlight)

I realize this may be a tall order to fill, considering I am only looking to spend about $150-250. I had the opportunity to by a pentagon light MS2-LED for $125 and I passed it up like an asshole.

-DM-
    Personally I'm fond of the Surefire G2 nitrolon held on by a VLTOR mount and using an upgraded Cree LED element. Cheap (less than 100 bucks total) and very effective. You can also add a tapeswitch to that rig if you want.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Personally I'm fond of the Surefire G2 nitrolon held on by a VLTOR mount and using an upgraded Cree LED element. Cheap (less than 100 bucks total) and very effective. You can also add a tapeswitch to that rig if you want.

I've gone to the G3Led in a Vltor mount for my carbines. I'm right at the $100 mark with this. If you added a tape switch, it would push you slightly over the $100 mark.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Manley View Post
    Ok, so here is the deal. I am looking for a durable light for my carbine, because the cheap piece of shit that I have currently no longer works. The criteria I am looking to meet are 1. Must be durable, 2. Use CR123a Batteries, 3. Activated by a pressure switch, 4. Be in a reasonable price range (not really looking to spend $300+ on a f**king flashlight)

I realize this may be a tall order to fill, considering I am only looking to spend about $150-250. I had the opportunity to by a pentagon light MS2-LED for $125 and I passed it up like an asshole.

-DM-
    I just found this light for $130.00 shipped. I like Pentagon lights and you get the lifetime warranty just like Surefire. There also American Made. =0)
    Don't no what I'm gonna do with it as I have a set up right now But I'm a sucker for a good deal........

Feedback Score
    Larue or Vltor offset mount with a G2/3 would be a good platform to start with.

Feedback Score
    Anyone tried out or know more about Laser Devices Inc. OP-6|OP-9 Weapons Series lights? Their both come in LED and Incandescent. I believe they're also Made in the U.S.A.!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    After some serious thought on the realistic use of a 5.56 carbine I settled on ditching the idea of a rail all together and using the factory M4 hand guards with a surefire "tactical iluminator" mount on the hand guards in the 2 o clock position... I combine this with a X-300 that I keep on my belt as my hand held light...

Just my .02

B

P.S. I also almost exclusively use 20 round magazines... The 30s were really designed for machine guns and are far to big to be worn on a waist belt... That and I can not think of anything that I want to shoot 30 times without reloading that I wouldn't be alright with if I could only shoot it 20 times...
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    P.S. I also almost exclusively use 20 round magazines... The 30s were really designed for machine guns and are far to big to be worn on a waist belt... That and I can not think of anything that I want to shoot 30 times without reloading that I wouldn't be alright with if I could only shoot it 20 times...
    LOL! This is great. I wholeheartedly agree. I'm gonna go place an order for some new 20rnd P-Mags from Grant.
    "If I must choose between peace and righteousness, I choose righteousness" - Theodore Roosevelt

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    That and I can not think of anything that I want to shoot 30 times without reloading that I wouldn't be alright with if I could only shoot it 20 times...

Wait til the elephant comes a trumpeting.........then me thinks you'll wish you had the extra rounds.
    If it isn't durable, it isn't reliable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast