Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: DPMS GII .308

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Burns View Post
    Remove the ejectors and break the corners on the ejector holes in the bolt face. That will help.

The Sentry gas block works well.
    I'm not sure what you mean by break the corners.

I am going to try it out this weekend with the adjustable gas block I bought.

Feedback Score
    Well I got my G2 running right now. I put a Syrac adjustable gas block on it and tuned it in. The brass looks great now. It is ejecting at about 4 or 5 o'clock and is not damaged like it was before.

I tried to get a load going with H335 and 155 Amax but was getting frustrated so I got my RE-15 and 178 Amax out and used a recipe I had for my bolt gun. I am happy with the results. I pulled two 5 shot groups well under an inch at 100 yards. That's good enough for me out of a carbine.

Here is the rifle now.

- Changed the stock to a ACS-L. (I put a mil spec buffer tube on it also) Much better cheek weld and it has a QD mount.
    - Put a Geissele trigger in it.
    - Syrac gas block
    - Changed the flash hider to a standard A2. I just didn't like that heavy thing that came on it.

My next change will be the hand guard. Not sure if I want to go Sampson or MI.

Feedback Score
    I've been reading good things, and watching interesting videos on this G2 design. Now I want one, but I don't need a new rifle... just the upper. Can't seem to find the G2 upper for sale. Has DPMS not released this for sale as a complete upper?
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    The G2 Upper is only compatible with a G2 lower. The upper and lower both got re-designed, hence the weight savings they managed. The G2 upper is not compatible with Gen 1 DPMS lowers. The only people selling G2 uppers by themselves right now are Adams Arms with their small frame .308 piston uppers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    I've been reading good things, and watching interesting videos on this G2 design. Now I want one, but I don't need a new rifle... just the upper. Can't seem to find the G2 upper for sale. Has DPMS not released this for sale as a complete upper?
    I'm unaware of any upper or lowers being sold separately. If they were I would have just bought a stripped upper and lower and built the rifle myself.

They are not compatible with other 308 designs. I expect the market will start to pattern rifles off this design and abandon the G1 design.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone else having problems with the Pmag m3 25 rounders not feeding? I know failing to lock back the bolt is a known issue, but today at the range I attempted to use two separate mags and both would fail to feed every round on the ejection port side of the mag. Comparing the Pmag to the factory steel mag shows about 1/8" difference in the height of the case rim as it is presented to the bolt face. The Pmag would catch the round initially, but then as the round tilted up to feed into the chamber the bolt would slip over the case rim. Zero issues with the factory steel mag. I never had any issued with my DPMS AP4 in .308, but that was using m2 20 round mags which I no longer have and cant seem to find to see if they will function.

Feedback Score
    I have had no problems with the Pmag but I am not using a 25 rounder either.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728