Thread: Aimpoint CompM4 Question..Zero?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Aimpoint CompM4 Question..Zero?

I recently picked up a CompM4S from Larue. It's mounted on the Larue LT-659 "Tall" mount that co-witnesses the irons in the bottom 1/3 of the glass. It's my first of the "new breed" of non-parallax optics, so I apologize for my ignorance here.

Now, the way I get it is that the dot moves with your eye, so that point of aim is point of impact even if you move.

So to zero in, shouldn't I just be able to lower my eye (to the bottom 1/3rd of the glass) to look though the irons (Troy rear, standard front), and then match the dot up with the iron's point of aim? Shouldn't that give me at least a rough zero even when I move my eye back up to the standard position ABOVE the irons?

I mean, that makes sense on absolute co-witness, but I'm trying to understand this moving dot concept.

There seem to be some pretty knowledgeable people around here on this subject. Any help appreciated from some of the gurus around here.

Noops

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noops View Post
    I recently picked up a CompM4S from Larue. It's mounted on the Larue LT-659 "Tall" mount that co-witnesses the irons in the bottom 1/3 of the glass. It's my first of the "new breed" of non-parallax optics, so I apologize for my ignorance here.

Now, the way I get it is that the dot moves with your eye, so that point of aim is point of impact even if you move.

So to zero in, shouldn't I just be able to lower my eye (to the bottom 1/3rd of the glass) to look though the irons (Troy rear, standard front), and then match the dot up with the iron's point of aim? Shouldn't that give me at least a rough zero even when I move my eye back up to the standard position ABOVE the irons?

I mean, that makes sense on absolute co-witness, but I'm trying to understand this moving dot concept.

There seem to be some pretty knowledgeable people around here on this subject. Any help appreciated from some of the gurus around here.

Noops

If your irons are already zero'd, then move the windage/eleavation on the M4 to get it on top of your Front Sight Post. This will get you close and then you can fine tune your zero.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Excellent. Thanks Grant.