Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survival Summit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    My thoughts exactly. If there's one thing the USAF does well, it's power point presentations. Second is air power.
    That wasn't true back in my day, when we worried mostly about the Soviets, as PowerPoint didn't exist. But in a post-SAC USAF, political correctness and "management" skills have become even more important than they used to be. So now they're mishandling nuclear weapons (the Minot-Barksdale oopsie a few years ago) and falling asleep in missile launch facilities. What're they going to do next, lose a nuke? It's happened before. (But if they do, it will be very professionally briefed.)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by exkc135driver View Post
    But if they do, it will be very professionally briefed.
    It'll be a captivating brief with few-to-no speech fillers, excellent intonation and eye contact, perfect use of slides as visual aids rather than a replacement for the briefer, and a flowing structure in which the briefee is told what he is going to be told, is told, then is told what he was just told. And the brief will be completed +/- 30 seconds of the alloted time to allow for questions and to give you a chance to recover and wipe away the tears of joy after having witnessed the beauty of a USAF brief.

If PowerPoint existed in the Cold War, the Soviet Union would have collapsed at least a decade earlier.

I've been downloading the videos from the Summit so I can watch them later. I scrubbed through a couple of them and was saddened by the poor audio quality and lack of any real "video" besides slides, although I guess the format is actually a seminar rather than a video series so it makes sense.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    59 (100%)
    Survival Summit seemed to have relied on packaging rather than content and with the current interest in all things "prepping", all they had to do was call it "Survival Summit". I was disappointed (bored) with the content.
    Last edited by hatidua; 01-28-14 at 20:04.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Psst,

OK I'll give you a good one for free way better than Survival Summit did.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Ammo-Can-Stove

This Bad Boy beats out my Kifaru Para & Small Stove, 1950 Yukon, Volcano, Solo Stove & those are some of the best ever. It weighs more true, but this KIT is far more durable & radiates more heat.
    Very well thought out piece of kit. The radiant heat it generates is enough for a small house say 1,000 Sq.Ft. Any Organic / Bio-mass will work.
    I recommend the heat Shield / Baffle for extended durability. You will need it for day to day usage.
    I bought two.
    People who think they are going to run white gas, iso butane, propane, diesel et al for extended periods are not being real.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123