Thread: Training buddies near Boise, ID

Feedback Score

Training buddies near Boise, ID

I'm looking for some training buddies near Boise, ID. The goal is to get better with shooting and moving, reloads, usage of cover, shooting faster, etc. focused on pistol, but also with carbine and shotgun. Should be up there within a couple of weeks.

Anybody interested? Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I realize that this is quite an old post, but my wife and I are strongly considering a move to the Boise/Eagle area; I am not sure if you are there currently or not but what range are you using?

We were very impressed with the area, but noticed that there was only one indoor range (Impact) and that it only went to 25 yards; in fact aside from Impact the only other gun store that we were impressed with was called Hawktech. Boise Gun Company was a cluster inside with no organization whatsoever, it made us want to move up there and perhaps start our own store/range. We are looking at doing an outdoor range in particular, but are not sure how feasible that would be at this time.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If I was a tad closer to you hell yeah. I'm looking for the exact same thing up here in CDA. None of my friends are into training/self defense etc. It's sad, I don't have any gun buddies.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Boise has quite a few smaller gun shops. They also have an outdoor range on blacks creek road to the southeast. But you can pull out anywhere on BLM land and shoot. So there's not a huge call for square ranges. I'm in Twin Falls (about two hours away). We have LMS defense just moved here a few years ago and finished their training range with shoot house and all. John Shaw's son Houston has a big range in hargerman with over 300 steel targets and they just installed a million dollar rifle target system that auto resets. Jerome has a gun range thats fairly cheap to become a member as well as other small towns around.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    If I was a tad closer to you hell yeah. I'm looking for the exact same thing up here in CDA. None of my friends are into training/self defense etc. It's sad, I don't have any gun buddies.
    I'm just up the road in Sandpoint and am in the same boat.