Thread: Ak74 magazine couplers.

Feedback Score

Ak74 magazine couplers.

I have been looking for a set of metal magazine couplers for my Ak74. I have found polymer ones and have used them in the past, they were not very durable as I had hoped for. Does anyone have a idea where I could find a set. I am using Circle 10 and 21 surplus magazines.
    Last edited by zack991; 01-25-14 at 03:15.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    I have been looking for a set of metal magazine couplers for my Ak74. I have found polymer ones and have used them in the past, they were not very durable as I had hoped for. Does anyone have a idea where I could find a set. I am using Circle 10 and 21 surplus magazines.
    AK mags have been coupled together with 100mph tape/duct tape/"majik juju" tape in some of the worst hot spots this planet has to offer. YMMV.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    Why do you want them coupled together?
    Just for one magazine set for part of my SHTF kit. I used a set of couplers overseas for my M4 and it worked out great when I needed a quick change in a firefight. There is not a whole lot of options for the AK as there is for the M4. The 45 round mags that are sold are too long and aren't all that cheap for me.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Just for one magazine set for part of my SHTF kit. I used a set of couplers overseas for my M4 and it worked out great when I needed a quick change in a firefight. There is not a whole lot of options for the AK as there is for the M4. The 45 round mags that are sold are too long and aren't all that cheap for me.
    Tape if you really want to go that route. It's more accurate as to what anybody else is doing around the world with AK mags.

Myself, I practice reloads like a mofo . I think couplers are kind of a gimmick, but mostly I don't like having that much ammo invested in a single assembly, not to mention ammo possibly getting knocked out of the second mag. I also reload knocking the old mag out with the new, coupled mags kinda go against the grain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've used the Fobus couplers pretty hard and they've held up.

Just make sure you whack off the excess screw length with a dremel.

Do not use tape to couple your mags unless it is an absolute necessity and you only have access to field expedient means.

This is even more important when you take into consideration the weight difference between an AK mag and an M4 mag and the manner of lock-up.

You don't want to be holding the empty and trying to lock in the fresh mag with that mooshy tape feel (which will develop over time).