Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Remington 700 fired, on safe, while bolt being closed

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not sure how many rounds you've fired from that stick, but in MY community we fire hundreds of thousands, and I have yet to see one corrode. What were you lubing it with, seawater? As far as the President of Remington saying so, I could care less, and it's nothing but hearsay on the interwebs. As far as your community goes, if you truly are a member you know as well as I do that there are just as many scumbags in the ODA's as there are anywhere else, and Remington isn't exactly known for it's ethical pro-second amendment policy choices.

It's a known issue, I've seen it, you've had it happen, everyone knows it. Call a spade a spade. The stainless steel internals of your weapon didn't corrode. The design is flawed, it negligently discharged a round. But whatever you agreed to, good for you.

So what happened? He offered you a new trigger group for free(WOW! WHAT A NICE GUY!) and you then declined? Are you going to throw the rifle out? Toss it up as a $1k lesson that both you and Remington learned in weapons maintenance?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Gentlemen, tact is an often-appreciated asset. Especially here.

I would move your conversation to PM's, if you wish to continue it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    -----
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 06-02-14 at 22:14.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    -----
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 06-02-14 at 22:10.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    Well I guess I wont be on Scout's Christmas card list anymore, but how I was I supposed to react to this?

Gun ND's, I call, they answer, they analyze, they provide solution, I decline (I'd rather have my gun than have it sit in some factory for weeks/months plus a timney was already in the works), then I get called liar? as well as the president of the company who made my situation a personal matter for him?

Anyway...

I wonder what my situation had to do in relation to the recall, was something they found in relation to my rifle that made them go crap we better fix this? When I get back home I'll post up some of the pics I took as soon as it happened. See if there is something uncovered in there

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey, Thanks.
    Please keep us updated and don't forget some pictures if you can.
    Thanks Again.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011