Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 fired, on safe, while bolt being closed

Feedback Score
    I saw something on t.V. about this and a lawsuit because several civilians were killed. They went in depth and interviewed Both ARMY and MARINE snipers...Said that it happened quite a bit more than they were cool with..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've played around with a few old school Remington triggers. You've got to keep the innards clean. Get any kind of debris in there and they do some strange things
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well this sure is a scary topic to read. I had heard this once a while ago but thought it was just a freak incident or possibly user error. Would love to get more details on the gun, what it's condition is, etc.

I have a 700 that is less than 2 years old and has maybe 200 rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've seen it happen twice, both in LE sniper schools. One was an older Remington trigger in 07 and the other was a 40x trigger back in October. It was very unpleasant and unsettling on both occasions.

Our work guns got new Timney's because of this possibility.
    Owner/ Operator, Trojan Tactical LLC. TROTAC.com

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox33 View Post
    TommyG- I have been doing some research I have found a multitude of events where unmodified guns have gone off under the same circumstances. I have left the gun untouched since the event. I took some pictures but that is it, so I have not been able to determine if has a new X mark trigger or not.

Chad- Thanks man, and read that review you posted, glad to help.
    Will be interested to see what you find out. We have quite a few 700s. With a couple of first hand accounts of this it has me thinking we need to consider trigger upgrades.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, definitely interested in hearing what the issue was. Don't want to experience the same with my SPS Tactical.

Feedback Score
    Be interesting to see the cause and how Remington responds.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/39554936

This is the link to the CNBC story about Rem700 triggers. There was a very informative post on Tacticalforums.com regarding this. I have had no luck pulling it up. Looks like the older stuff on that site is not searchable.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    We are issued rifles with those shitty triggers. We were actually taught to put it on fire and SLOWLY load the round.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have you adjusted or attempted to adjust the trigger pull weight or sear engagement in any way prior to this?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast