Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought my first 1911 today

Feedback Score
    Sorry about the pics. I'm technically challenged with photos and uploading, so heres a shot from the Kimber site. It actually looks better in person. Its a Custom Shop Stainless Steel Raptor II. Its a little "blingy" compared to what I normally buy, but I liked it. Im not sure whether to be embarrassed or proud, so no laughing if its a bit over the top. I really wanted the stainless. He said its good to go, right out of the box.

Feedback Score
    i may be a goober but i think those scales on that are wicked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by exitinyourhead View Post
    i may be a goober but i think those scales on that are wicked.
    Me too. I hear the crickets so I think we're the only ones. Ha-ha. I was reluctant to post what it was when I started the thread, but I like it.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    If nothing else, you'll want to learn a proper grip. Your strong hand thumb should ride on top of the thumb safety, whether the safety is up or down.
    ^^^^^
    Critical advice

Feedback Score
    You don't need to be embarassed about anything as long as you got what you wanted.

Fine looking gun...enjoy!!!

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    You don't need to be embarassed about anything as long as you got what you wanted.
    I don't know about that. Someone wanted this:

Feedback Score
    I'm getting the feel for the thumb on top of the safety. The grip and trigger definitely feels good, but the safety is new for me. I will have to practice this until it becomes automatic.

Thanks Redhat. I have stacks of "tactical" looking weapons. Maybe I'm a little worn out on it. All are good guns, but I wanted to have something a little more along the lines of a "bar-b-q" gun, and this sure fit the bill.

Feedback Score
    Damn, Todd. Cut some slack man. It can't be as bad as that.
    Im no expert but it seems to be a damn fine gun.

ToddG Guest
    Sparks -- my comment wasn't directed at your Kimber in any way. I've seen much more blingy guns. As long as you don't treat it like a piece of art, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Sparks -- my comment wasn't directed at your Kimber in any way. I've seen much more blingy guns. As long as you don't treat it like a piece of art, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    Oh, I don't take stuff personally. I'm just posting to hear myself talk. You couldn't hurt my feelings if you tried. Trust me.
    Nope, unfortunately none of my guns get pampered. I'm pretty sure this one will scream for mercy too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast