Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 7.62X39 AR???

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    We wouldn't have this problem if Knights would just release a Civvy SR-47.
    I'm eagerly awaiting this as well.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I picked up an Armalite in 7.62X39, and I am very please with the rifle, I also have an AK, and a Sig 556R. I purchased some 30 round mags for the Armalite, the picture of the group you see was me checking one of the mags to be sure it function properly. I fired 30 rounds from the bench, but with the 30 rd mag being so long I did not really have a solid position, but the results were very pleasing. The ammunition was Russian Brown bear, and I used a Leupold 2X7 Firedot
    Scope for the group. The 30 round mags I purchased have more of an AK curved design than the traditional AR curved magazines, but I have now tried several of them and they all have functioned 100% in the Armalite.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wild Geese 1; 02-05-14 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    Well I went against the grain, and chose the 7.62X39 over the .300 blackout. I've always marched to the beat of my own drum, but here it is. I absolutely LOVE it! I've put 200 rounds down range and so far no hiccups. Here's a pic of it, along with my 5.56/.223 AR.
    image.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tell us more about it.
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    For whatever reason if i had a 7.62 AR it would have to take AK magazines. That's just how i am.

Feedback Score
    Sig has developed an interesting 7.62x39 lower to fit on their redesigned carbine series. Look at the 2:04 mark on this clip if you want to bypass the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vveRucu9OjA

The 556 redesign looks promising as well.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    It's a Palmetto State Armory lower, with a Armalite complete upper. Magpul FDE furniture, trigger guard, and mbus sights.

Feedback Score
    Without getting blown out the water, what is the following of a commie round that is inferior to 7,62x51 or 308, A couple of friends own AK47 and SKS, I just don't get It besides the fact that its cheap ammo both in price and manufactured, To me its like disrespectful to our boys to own or shoot them, My son and some of his friends really think the AK 47 is great, To each his own but I still don't get it. I guess Im showing my age. I realize the mystic of the Ak it does shoot I will give it that. But its not that accurate past 250 yds and its , I don't know its just not American to me anyhow. Except to sell more guns I really don't understand why American gun company's would build a rifle for it. Go easy on me I am thin skinned, And could be totally wrong it wouldn't be the first time or the last. But I still hold a lot of reverence to family and friends killed in Nam and that's my first take on this rifle I hold contempt for. Im not big on the M16 either to me a proper fighting round needs to be 30 cal. The 223 has its place close combat, house searches etc
    Last edited by jon308; 02-08-14 at 20:52.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jon308 View Post
    Without getting blown out the water, what is the following of a commie round that is inferior to 7,62x51 or 308, A couple of friends own AK47 and SKS, I just don't get It besides the fact that its cheap ammo both in price and manufactured, To me its like disrespectful to our boys to own or shoot them, My son and some of his friends really think the AK 47 is great, To each his own but I still don't get it. I guess Im showing my age. I realize the mystic of the Ak it does shoot I will give it that. But its not that accurate past 250 yds and its , I don't know its just not American to me anyhow. Except to sell more guns I really don't understand why American gun company's would build a rifle for it. Go easy on me I am thin skinned, And could be totally wrong it wouldn't be the first time or the last. But I still hold a lot of reverence to family and friends killed in Nam and that's my first take on this rifle I hold contempt for. Im not big on the M16 either to me a proper fighting round needs to be 30 cal. The 223 has its place close combat, house searches etc
    Most people only shoot under 300yards so a 308 is overkill. And it takes skill to shoot longer ranges. 7.62x39 is designed more for close range engagements while still having excellent firepower (better than 5.56).

It is pretty undeniable that AK type rifles are reliable. that is one of the main draws of the AK platform. Ammo is usually cheaper too, and you have 2 AK calibers to choose from (7.62 and 5.45 x39). Its basically the equal of the AR15 in the rifle world.

Different strokes for different folks... I like both platforms and own both. But I do prefer AR15's by a wide margin.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jon308 View Post
    My reason for choosing the 7.62X39 was simple. It's light to carry, even with a scope, recoil is very manageable, and it has good knock down power out to 200 yards which would be my longest shot where I hunt. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and the AR10's are to heavy to lug around. Ammo fir the 7.62X39 is dirt cheap and easy to find.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast