Thread: The Official SIG Picture Thread

Feedback Score

The Official SIG Picture Thread

ETA: "The Official SIG Picture Thread"

thinking of getting one...got my eyes on a Navy model at the local gun shop

any advices ? thanks

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I have a Sig 226 Navy I bought new in 2004. I have 40,298 rounds through it, and not one failure!
    I usually clean it every 500 rounds, but have gone as many as 3,000 rounds.
    The recoil spring gets replaced every 5,000 rounds.

The only part I had to replace was the recoil guide. Wore the end of the guide out from using Wolff springs. The end of the spring would squeeze between the recoil guide, and slide, and lock it up. I now only use standard Sig recoil springs.
    Great gun.
    "Among the men who fought on Iwo Jima, uncommon valor was a common virtue."
    - Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, US Navy, 16 March 1945.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I've got 3 (non-rail, stamped carbon steel slide, NSW serial # NAVY).

Is my Sig Navy real or a knock off?, sigforum thread

P226 Navy Serial numbers?, sigforum thread

ToddG Guest
    There is absolutely no difference between the railed "Navy" guns and a railed non-"Navy" gun, except for the little anchor on the slide.

The original public offering of "Navy" models, the NSW serial number guns, was a project done in cooperation with Special Tactical Services to raise money for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. These guns were built precisely to the same spec as genuine NSW ("SEAL") guns ... corrosion resistant internals, no rail, no night sights, and the anchor.

The anchor is there so that NSW units could quickly identify between their older (stamped slide, no anchor) and new (solid stainless slide, anchor) guns.

We actually received formal written permission from WARCOM to use the Trident in our advertisements. SIG also had a small contest for all purchasers of the original NSW guns (2,000 of them) ... the winners got a free trip to Virginia Beach, a briefing by the XO of NSW Group Two, a tour of Little Creek, and a day of free training from the former SEALs who run Special Tactical Services.

We also raised $100,000 for SOWF ... plus another $25,000 for auctioning off serial number one on the Laura Ingraham radio show. You can see the details in the second blurb here at US News.

I personally promised the WARCOM JAG that SIG would never sell Navy guns unless it was to raise more money for SOWF or a similar organization. Nonetheless, SIG now sells the anchor-model guns, calls them "Navy," and doesn't donate any of the money to anyone.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the feedbacks !

Feedback Score
    i use a p226 dao for my department issue carry . although i'm not totally in love with the trigger as we are only allowed to carry dao firearms , the gun is a beast . in the 5 yrs i have it i have about 10,000 rounds through it without one single malfunction . it eats everything and is accurate beyond me . good luck with yours !!

Feedback Score
    man..the gun shop also has a Blackwater edition...comes with 5 mags and night sights for around $1K....are they worth it ?

what holster do you guys recommend ? I currently use Comp Tac on my Glock

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I definitely wouldn't spend the extra on the Blackwater model. I own a pair of older stamped slide guns, great shooters. I would just go with a standard model, if it were me.

Feedback Score
    as far as holsters go - i use a blade tech iwb , blackhawk serpa , and i have a galco miami classic shoulder holster . all are good to go . i also use a surplus military shoulder holster that tankers and pilots use for a 1911 . the sig fits in there good . i paid 30.00 for it and it is the most comfortable shoulder holster i have ever worn .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    man..the gun shop also has a Blackwater edition...comes with 5 mags and night sights for around $1K....are they worth it ?

what holster do you guys recommend ? I currently use Comp Tac on my Glock
    It could be worth it. Sig 226 mags cost at least $30 each for the 15 round mags that come with it (so that is worth $90 of the price difference as the other models come with two mags except for the SCT which has four), but I think all the 226 models come with night sights. You also get a set of wood grips along with the regular plastic grips (worth something if you like those).

It depends on what the other Sig 226 models are selling for in your area.
    There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Page 1 of 121 1231151101 ... LastLast