Page 12 of 122 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official SIG Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    220 Carry SAO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LSK View Post
    Not Joe but that is an EK fighting knife. Those have been around since WWII.
    THANKS!

Feedback Score

new toy

Feedback Score

Talking Sig 226 Navy 9 MM

Yes, I agree. If you have a chance to pick one-up, by all means do. I have an original Navy as Todd referred to in his posting. As well as a newer Navy with the rail. Does the anchor on the slide or coated internals make a real difference? No. Unless you are planning to go swimming with it. I originally purchased mine for two reasons, the donation campaign and because A high school friend of mine joined the Teams.

All aside, I can say that the Sig 226 (whichever one you buy) is one of the best pistols made for self-defense/ combat. I believe this enough that I carry one everyday and rely on it without any hesitation. I have friends that work in agencies were they must carry a Glock or Berretta, when they would rather carry a Sig.

However, in the end it doesn't really matter which gun you chose. Just train (or better yet get some professional training) to handle whatever pistol you decide on to properly utilize the weapon to protect yourself/ or others depending on your chosen profession.

P.S. If you decide that you need nightsights, I don't believe the Navy model is sold with the tritium inserts (Todd do you know?)-not listed on their website. As for myself, I don't put night sights on my Sigs. I like the Staghaven bar-dot configured sight and train to shoot at night with a flashight often.

SkiDevil

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiDevil View Post
    P.S. If you decide that you need nightsights, I don't believe the Navy model is sold with the tritium inserts (Todd do you know?)-not listed on their website.
    The guns as delivered to Crane don't have night sights. The individual Teams add whichever sights they want to the gun afterwards.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecoyote View Post
    Sig Saur M.S.P. P229, caliber .40 S&W
    Unissued & unfired.
    I'm not a big Sig fan...but I'd love to own one like that.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 04-11-09 at 18:46.

Feedback Score
    Here are my SiGs, tough to pick a favorite but the "Navy" is Spooky Accurate.

P226 Navy "NSW" limited edition pistol.

P229R DAK in .40 S&W with Meprolight nightsights.

my P220ST .45
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    SIG 226

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Last edited by BOOSTjunkie; 05-15-09 at 18:22.

Feedback Score

Sig model P .... Pistols

Greetings Folk! The wife and I own 4 of those Sig pistols in various models. She now has her CCW permit and will be carring one of two Sig pistols. A Sig P-239 40 cal S&W or that some what smaller Sig-P232 model in the .380 auto caliber.

I was really surprized at the accuracy of the little Sig mouse gun! It was very accurate right from the get go. The DA-Trigger pull was very stiff, to the tune of 12 friggin pounds at first but the pistol was indeed more accurate (5, 10 and 15 yds) than the P-239 model with stainless slide. Now after 300 rounds the DA pull got a pound or so easier but no free lunch for the wife pulling that first shot off towards the target.

The other model Sigs are a P-229 model with rail and the P-226 model also with a rail. Now both these pistol are very accurate! I managed to shoot 1.5 inch groups standing with in a slow fire mode, with both these new pistols and cheap Blazer plinking ammo at 7 & 10 yards. These are chambered for the 40 S&W cal. It does take awhile to get used to that DA trigger pull but it is a plus to have a double stacked magazine holding 12 rounds verses the 1911 I was carrying. Like the man stated, You gotta love those Sigs!
    Last edited by Tracer; 05-18-09 at 19:53.

Page 12 of 122 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast