Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official SIG Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    thinking of getting one...got my eyes on a Navy model at the local gun shop

any advices ? thanks
    SIG's best pistol currently sold. awesome full size pistols
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

First you say there is no difference, then you state that the NSW NAVY SIG 226 non-rail 9mms have corrosion resistant internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    There is absolutely no difference between the railed "Navy" guns and a railed non-"Navy" gun, except for the little anchor on the slide.

The original public offering of "Navy" models, the NSW serial number guns, was a project done in cooperation with Special Tactical Services to raise money for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. These guns were built precisely to the same spec as genuine NSW ("SEAL") guns ... corrosion resistant internals, no rail, no night sights, and the anchor.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by f.2 View Post
    First you say there is no difference, then you state that the NSW NAVY SIG 226 non-rail 9mms have corrosion resistant internals.
    He said that there is no difference between the RAILED Sig P226 "Navy" models and the standard non-railed P226....

The original "Navy" guns that are the real deal were a limited run and to the best of my knowledge they were snapped up by Sig collectors as fast as Sig could put them out. There were only a limited number of guns made to those specifications and they are all gone.

...which might explain why Sig decided to keep that little anchor on other guns not made to the same specifications, as people seem to think that it means they are getting a gun with the original "Navy's" specs.

ToddG Guest
    If I was unclear, I apologize. I'll try again:

• Current "Navy" guns, which have rails and a standard serial number, are identical to current non-"Navy" guns except for the little anchor on the slide. They use all standard internals, mags, etc.
    • The NSW-serialed limited edition guns, which were the first "Navy" models offered for sale, did not have rails, had the corrosion-resistant internals, etc. They were genuinely identical to the guns which Crane buys with the exception of the special serial number ("NSWxxxx").

There were 2,000 NSW guns built. The commercial sales people at SIG didn't want to do the project because they thought the guns wouldn't sell. We got permission from WARCOM to do 4,000 (raise $200k for SOWF), but when the first 2,000 sold out SIG decided not to pursue the second half of production. Instead, a few months later they began selling the anchor-only version without collecting any money for the charity.

Not that I'm bitter.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    but when the first 2,000 sold out SIG decided not to pursue the second half of production. Instead, a few months later they began selling the anchor-only version without collecting any money for the charity.

Not that I'm bitter.
    Ah, corporate....

"Because none of us is as stupid as all of us put together!"

Feedback Score
    Buy it. You won't regret it. I love mine.

Actually, I think I want another one. I like having duplicates of my favorite guns.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The NSW-9 pistols had a very smooth trigger - no doubt from the the zinc phosphate (gray parkerizing) of the internals. The P226R Navy pistols do not have as smooth a trigger pull.

HOWEVER, has anyone considered having their internals coated on their P226s? I'm about to send my Short RESET Trigger internals to IonBond for coating (Electroless Nickel topped off with plasma assisted Tungsten DLC; also called "Nitron").

Feedback Score
    got more pictures ?

ToddG Guest

One of the first few railed P229 pistols brought into the U.S., back when they were still going to be called the P226-SO

They made me give it back

LTT SpeedBump trigger and mag catch

Feedback Score
    very nice...

man NSW 0911...

Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast