Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lower parts for A1 Kits

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HackerF15E View Post
    Just outta curiosity, how do you know you have "the only one"?
    By the original count of what they said they had in stock. Actually I think I was the first to order of the people on this forum. I did write the first review. I would like to hear from others if they order one of these kits as to condition etc.
    IBMer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    My advice is to demilitarize them to semi spec or get rid of them entirely. Google constructive possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks again Heavy Metal. I think I will de mil them all right away!! Constructive possession is pretty scary.
    Last edited by IBMer; 02-12-14 at 08:10. Reason: to correct

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    There are ways to De-Mil M-16 Parts and keep them legal, even the selector but I don't recommend it.

I still recommend trashing the selector just so johnny law don't get confused by 'safe-semi and semi'. It is still three position.

The hammer you can grind the spur off the top hook and you shorten the tail on the Disconnector to the same length as on a standard Semi Disconnector. Both these parts start out as M-16 parts commercially and the Manufacturer modifies then as described to semi specifications. Once you re-park them, they are indistinguishable. The back of the trigger where is open (to accomidate the longer FA Disconnector) can be closed by a welder with a blob of weld too.

I would just trash the trigger(unless you have access to a welder) and the selector. Modifying the Hammer and the Selector to full commercial specification can be done in 5 minutes with a bench grinder. Grind and quench.

It is not illegal to use a full auto selector, hammer, carrier, or trigger in a semi auto gun.

Colt installs full auto hammers into their 9mm semi auto guns.

There have been a number of opinions released by the ATF recently about this.
    Last edited by scottryan; 02-12-14 at 07:05.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks Scottryan, the more I try to research this the more confused I get and I see different opinions and interpretations. I will try to find some of the recent ATF opinions and post them if I find any.
    I would like to use as many Colt parts as I can legally do but I do not need any time in the Federal slammer. Alao I have at least one of these for sale and had planned to mail the spare parts with the rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBMer View Post
    Thanks HeavyMetal. I considered that but was told not to by the same person giving me advice on what is legal and I thought I would keep the Colt parts intact for some unknown reason in my feeble mind. I am curious as to how you could grind the selector into a two position, safe and semi auto.
    To convert a full-auto selector to semiautomatic configuration you merely have to grind the center cam off. This is the part that holds down a full-auto disconnector's tail when set to "auto". That's an unconverted selector on the left, modified one on the right.

I used a Dremel aluminum oxide grinding wheel to remove the material, a Dremel emery impregnated disc to polish it up, and a spritz of black spray paint to prevent corrosion. Took less than 5 minutes.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Then I suggest you abandon your quest and use standard components. The clarity you seek will be as clear as mud. If you think there is some magical document out there then you will be disappointed. Its already been pointed out several times so you either do it or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by IBMer View Post
    Thanks Scottryan, the more I try to research this the more confused I get and I see different opinions and interpretations. I will try to find some of the recent ATF opinions and post them if I find any.
    I would like to use as many Colt parts as I can legally do but I do not need any time in the Federal slammer. Alao I have at least one of these for sale and had planned to mail the spare parts with the rifle.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Then I suggest you abandon your quest and use standard components. The clarity you seek will be as clear as mud. If you think there is some magical document out there then you will be disappointed. Its already been pointed out several times so you either do it or you don't.
    Thanks, actually I am going to use your advice and knowledge to go on and disregard all the other muddy water.
    IBMer

Feedback Score
    looking for a full auto colt selector with the dimpled ends,

you can email me at vmikea@aol.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123