Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Build needing budget Optics any suggestions?

Feedback Score

New Build needing budget Optics any suggestions?

Hi all,

I would like to first appologize in advance becasue I am sure there is already a thread on here somewhere about this topic. I just got done with my first build. Problem I am having is most red dot optics I like cost as much or more than what I paid for the gun. Im sure there are pros and cons to everything but right now I want something a little more inexpensive.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    People have been happy with the vortex strike fire. They stand behind their product.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustG45 View Post
    People have been happy with the vortex strike fire. They stand behind their product.
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Vorte...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    How much did you pay for the gun?

Personally, I find it hard to recommend going cheaper than an aimpoint pro. That's a quality optic at $400. At a certain point, you gotta pay to play. With ammo prices, $400 is a drop in the bucket if you plan on shooting a lot (sadly). If you're not going to shoot it a lot, then it really doesn't matter what red dot you get.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Budget quality rds? Vortex strikefire period. Its not an aimpoint or meant to be a knock off of an aimpoint. Later as funds permit I vote aimpoint.
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 02-06-14 at 14:38.

Feedback Score
    Primary Arms has always had good reviews on their red dot. I just got one a few weeks ago but have yet to put any rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Buy once cry once! Save for a lightly used PRO. Old guys with bad eyes sell them off of their safe queens all the time. Ask me how I know. GH

Feedback Score
    buhsnell trs-25 ar optics, or primary arms micro... I avoid vortex, as there are far to many people sending them back for warranty work... just my opinion

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have compared the Bushnell TRS25 and the Vortex Strikefire side by side and in my opinion they are in two different leagues. My TRS25 has extremely dark blue shaded glass, which I can't stand. I have not had any problems with my Vortex optics, and neither has my friend who owns a Strikefire. I would recommend the Strikefire for a low-cost RDS. I don't own a Strikefire but I am tempted by the Cabela's sale(no money for it right now), which is really good. I would guess the sale is because they are coming out with a cantilever mount standard; the ones on sale will most likely have the non-cantilever mount. Reports are that Vortex customer service and the VIP warranty is second to none; I have not needed to use this service.

The Aimpoint is not inexpensive, but the PRO is a very well respected RDS as well. I have checked them out and and they seem quite nice but I have zero trigger time behind them so I'll not offer any more comment than that.

I prefer iron sights over the Bushnell and all the other cheap (less than $100) RDSs that I have tried. If you are on a budget, I would recommend sticking with irons if you can't afford the $120 Strikefire.
    Last edited by Nater; 02-06-14 at 20:40. Reason: to clarify "cheap"
    In Memomoria Mei Fratris.

Feedback Score
    My brother just picked up a Redfield counterstrike. Theyre about $200. 1x red and green with a laser. The laser runs under the optic above the bore so if you plan on flip ups the laser will hit them and be a mute option. The laser does clear his RTS 45 degree offsets though. Its a little on the heavy side but build is pretty good. Just another option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast