Thread: How long do you wait before calling BS on a dealer?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Angry How long do you wait before calling BS on a dealer?

In December I purchased a Griffin Recce 5.56 from someone who has loosely advertised on several forums. I chose this person because he seemed straight up, no BS, he (said he had) the item in stock and ready to go and the price was reasonable.

Form 3 was sent on Jan 9th (or so I was told).

In the interim with the extended time on Form 3 processing my local FFL moved. This dealer had other transfers in process (including one of mine from a later purchase) that went through without issue, but whatever, shit happens.

Original dealer said that the examiner gave no info for follow up and he would have to resubmit the Form 3 as it was rejected due to bad address. That was in March. I last contacted him in April asking what the hold up is, as in my experience BATFE is pretty fast on corrections, I even had an SBR with a typo'd serial turned around by the examiner in less than 48 hours after I resubmitted.

Now, I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand the guy who sold the item is not responsible for a paperwork cluster and the other guy moving. On the other hand it is freaking middle of May and I am still waiting on the goddamn Form 3 from January! I'm pretty pissed off to tell the truth.

Am I just supposed to wait forever? What are the options? Anyone have a similar thing happen and can offer advice? There is a name of who examined and kicked back the Form 3 and I don't understand how that person would not be able to expedite the new submission, all it usually takes is a couple of emails.
    Last edited by gunf1ghter; 05-16-16 at 00:08.