Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Kid that fought Leukemia

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Very cool, she should have a great time. I got libbo in both spots, and really loved it.

Feedback Score
    Long overdue update on Tomas. He is going to be a senior in high school next month, he is the Drum Major of the school's Marching Band. He also is on the Lacrosse Team. Two months ago he was certified as an EMT in Virginia (only 2 students were certified out of a class of 43), in January when he turns 18 he will be able to get certified nationwide. He plans on going to the University of Pittsburgh and get a degree in Nursing.

62478840_10219905157485006_8281275324163948544_n.jpg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I hope your Navy daughter is doing well in school, too.
    Update on her.... She graduated/Commissioned from GWU in 2016. She reported to her first ship the USS John P Murtha before it was commissioned...she's a plank owner. She spent 2 years on that ship in San Diego, picked up SWO in 11 months. She was promoted to LtJG in May 2018 on the ship, I flew out there and pinned on her bars...actually got in uniform for that, first time in uniform since 2002. She is now stationed on the USS Donald Cook in Rota Spain, same place where I taught her how to ride a bike in 1998.

The Navy picked her for Department Head on the first look last month.

33424550_10216608956602044_1673586650300547072_n.jpg
    Last edited by Smuckatelli; 07-10-19 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thank you for the updates. Love reading things like this. It really does help balance out all of the other stuff and you deserve to be a very proud father.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you for brightening my day!
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Outstanding news on both young'uns. Please pass on my respects to both. That's pretty to make department head and SWO that quick.

Is Tomas thinking about a career in EMS? If so, he'll definitely need to get his Paramedic. Please tell him good luck on his National Registry exam. Study the crap out of A&P, pharm and cardiology. Those are the three that seem to eliminate most applicants.

Feedback Score
    I passed on your respects.

He wants to do nursing, his intent right now is to attend the University of Pittsburgh. He does plan on taking the National Registry exam a few months after he turns 18.

Feedback Score
    S/A, this is Tomas' final year for the Light The Night Fredericksburg. He needs about $200 in donations to make it $100,000 that he set for before he graduates high school. That being said, he made his goal for this year but Anna...his Lieutenant hasn't. She wanted to wait until he met his goal for this year before she officially 'joined the team',

If anyone feels inclined to help Tomas in his "one pill cure", please donate to Anna's page:

https://pages.lls.org/ltn/va/Frdrcksb19/ANichols

BTW, he will be doing a live broadcast on a local station on 10 September covering Light The Night. I'll post a link when we are closer to the date.

Feedback Score
    He made his long term goal.

Tomas posted this on Instagram:

teamtomas_ltn

Thank you to everyone who has supported this team and me through this wonderful journey. I’m so happy to say that we have reached and surpassed our goal for this year! This also means that the team has raised over $100,000 towards helping patients with blood cancers. I couldn’t be more proud of the work that the team has done.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0hlBYdH...0dwg27BML9Hmp8

I wouldn't have called it a "wonderful journey" but that just me. He plans on keeping the site active until the walk in October.
    Last edited by Smuckatelli; 07-30-19 at 09:31.

Feedback Score
    The local newspaper did an article on him:

https://www.fredericksburg.com/lifes...4b889e1cd.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast