Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Kid that fought Leukemia

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Gunny, that's a whole lot to be proud of, not just with Tomas but with all of your kids. You did it right, and some day so will they.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Gunny, that's a whole lot to be proud of, not just with Tomas but with all of your kids. You did it right, and some day so will they.
    Absolutely! I could not agree more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm honored to live in the same country as folks like you and your children. Semper Fi!
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I am really humbled by him.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's kids like these that give me hope for this country. Well done!
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Tomas was on the air this morning:

https://www.newstalk1230.net/episode...alk-sept-10-2/

Feedback Score
    Tomas was recognized by the School Board this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWgy9fAIS-4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That's fantastic! Tomas deserves every honor he receives, and more. So do you, and all his wonderful caregivers.

Feedback Score
    Last Saturday at 14:30 Tomas was leading his band to a first place finish for the division that his school is in:

https://www.facebook.com/paul.nichol...1027423140946/

At 19:20 he was in Fredericksburg speaking at the Light The Night Walk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG0Y...vVU0TSCxy8zPU4

Feedback Score
    Update....Tomas is a teenager......

Last weekend Tomas had the 04:45- 16:45 shift at his EMS transport job. Friday night I texted him that he needs to get home and get some sleep. He texted: "I am old enough to make a decision about what time to go to bed" I was shocked, I just texted him back that we would have a long talk when I returned from Pittsburgh (mom). He immediately apologized and said that he had a rough day......

I had a good five hour drive figuring out what I was going to say when I got back home, then the wind pretty much went out of my sails. He was going to an old folks home to pick up a patient for dialysis at a local hospital. As soon as he and the driver show up, an aide asked him if he was an EMT, he said yes. They took him to a room where they were trying to resuscitate and elderly woman. He took over the CPR for 15 minutes until the ambulance that was called showed up. Once that ambulance arrived the EMT pronounced her dead. so he went through his first rib crushing experience, he didn't have to, he could have said no, wait for the ambulance but he didn't....he attempted to save her life.

His take away was that it was very sad, in the open area they were playing bingo. Multiple people all around not even aware that someone had just died. He was the only one with her....

Needless to say, the only thing that I could say when I got home was good decision making, very proud that you stepped up and tried to save the lady when you could have easily said no. Regarding the text; never text or email something like that....it stays forever. Call and talk....

Anywho he is in the middle of applying for scholarships, tomorrow we visit Drexel so I wont be taking mom to church tomorrow. His EMT teacher wrote a letter of recommendation for a scholarship, interesting read, it is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123