Thread: Meopta zd 1-4x feedback + a few more ?'s

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Meopta zd 1-4x feedback + a few more ?'s

Hello ladies and gentleman, I'm looking for feedback on the meopta zd 1-4x, specifically the durability. From everything I've read the meopta has excellent glass with a good daytime visible reticle, but I don't see much on how it holds up under hard use. I tend to be pretty hard on my gear and I don't want my scope breaking if I accidentally whack it against something. On paper the zd meets all the requirements I need but I'm still unsure of durability.

I also plan on running an aimpoint micro at 1 o'clock in conjunction with the zd and I'm looking for a mount that will clear the turrets. The mounts I'm looking at are the Larue (1st choice), the knights armament (2nd choice), and the Daniel defense (3rd choice). I plan on using the Larue lt104 for the zd and I don't want the turret blocking the aimpoint. The rail I'm running is a DD M4 rail (the original), any experience on this issue would be appreciated.

The carbine is going to be a general purpose/shtf gun with 0-300 yard capability. I already have a second carbine setup with a T1 on top for home defense/cqb use so I want this one with a scope. I already have a 3x magnifier for my aimpoints but with my astigmatism the dot blooms bad under magnification which is why I'm looking at scopes. Also, how's the battery life on the zd?

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I had one for a awhile , I used it on duty/SWAT. No issues, its a nice scope that gets overlooked for a decent price.

I don't think the rds is needed with a 1-4 set up. The ZD is fine for cqb distance.
    The rds combo would be fine for a 2.5 or higher magnification scope.

I've been debating in getting another ZD or the Leupold VXR 1.25/4.