Thread: Checking @usmc.mil email when not on NMCI network

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Checking @usmc.mil email when not on NMCI network

I recall several times being able to log on to my email from "civilian" servers (but still on USMC computers) while on training ops and such.

Is there a way to log on from your home PC? I know I need a CAC reader, anything else?

Paging JSantoro....
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Being not a fan of retardation, I check my .mil account monthly, just to keep it active...

...but when I do, it's from a CAC-reader-equipped laptop on a non-military network. I go to the Marine Corps Systems Command website and hit the Outlook Web Access link within the "Quick Links" section to the right. That should be a fairly common means on a great many "ABCD.marines.mil" sites and similar.

http://www.marcorsyscom.marines.mil/

Without a CAC = no impact, no idea. I can access Defense Acquisition University and AMRDEC SAFE without a CAC, at need, so I imagine there's still a username/password means to access Outlook, but have never had need or occasion to ask after one.

EDIT: Using CAC, you might see two or more credential tiles come up. If so, select the credential tile that contains "Issuer: DOD EMAIL something-something" within it.

EDIT, part Deux: First dude I can think of that might have more answers...particularly more RIGHT answers....is Smuckatelli.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Thanks a ton. I haven't checked it since September. Hope I don't have to fight with NMCI again. Will report with results.
    Why do the loudest do the least?