Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Essentials List

Feedback Score

Home Essentials List

What do you guys consider to be essential for home preparedness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    water, beans, bullets.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    gas cans (full of gas) especially when it is cold to run the generator. generator runs my water pump and pressure tank so not too worried about that incase electricity goes out due to a storm. and a couple of 20 pound propane tanks never hurt to keep filled. even in a snowstorm i can still grill

Feedback Score
    Just don't bring coals inside! Incredible... I am in PA and there seems to be a new article every week about someone losing power, making red coals in their grill, bringing them inside and then getting CO poisoning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    lol don't worry about that from me. you have to realize the really stupid people get on the news. the generator stays outside and i have a box i can partially cover it up in just in case it is snowing to keep it out of the elements and run 2 extention chords inside. one runs my fireplace and the other one can be used for tv, internet, fridge, freezer, light, and water.as for the grill that is out on my deck where it belongs.

Feedback Score
    Full tank of gas, 4x4 with lots of torque & HP, food, water, ammo & weapons and a bad attitude!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Water, Beans, Bullets, and Bandages.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    The best answer to that is to read all of the post in this section. There is so many thing needed that it is difficult to put them all in one place. Start a list with all of the areas you need and then make a list in each area. Prioritize them and start working on it. As an example take water; look at how to get it, store it, purify it, transport it, and so on.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    To add to what Doc said above I'd have to say firearms, ammo for them, mags for them, and spare parts to keep them up and running is pretty high on the priority list. You can have a doomsday bunker full of water, freeze dried meals, and medical supplies that would make Burt Gummer blush but you have to have the means inwhich to keep/defend it. Firearms afford one the ability to defend themselves and possibly harvest animal protein. But yeah, this a multi facet subject.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    To add to what Doc said above I'd have to say firearms, ammo for them, mags for them, and spare parts to keep them up and running is pretty high on the priority list. You can have a doomsday bunker full of water, freeze dried meals, and medical supplies that would make Burt Gummer blush but you have to have the means inwhich to keep/defend it. Firearms afford one the ability to defend themselves and possibly harvest animal protein. But yeah, this a multi facet subject.
    I agree. Make a list:
    1. Food
    2. Water
    3. Cooking
    4. Firearms
    5. Ammo
    ...........and so on. You get the idea and make a list and start to check them off as you get them. Write it all down. That way you can look at it and figure out how you want to prioritize the list in each category. Make sure that it is a well rounded list. As stated above. If you have nothing but guns and ammo.....you are going to get real hungry real fast.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast