Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 38 Super Build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Stay tuned: COMBAT PRECISION, Colt Combat Commander Series 70 in 38 super, Not sure how many builds are in front of mine but will post when I get more details.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    krm375-Good to know! I have talked to Combat Precision before. I forget the name, unfortunately, but the owner sounded like a stand-up guy.

I was looking at my local shop the other day, and saw a new bone-stock Colt 38 Super. I asked myself, "What if I set this one up as a range only gun?..."

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Thought I'd update the post. I always enjoy reports from equipment that actually gets used.

Pistol has 4685 rounds through it, and continues to shoot excellent. I'll look at fitting a new extractor to it at some point, but it's never had a FTE. Shockbuffs are a no-go, and when I started prepping brass on a Hornady LNL progressive, whatever voodoo I can't figure out decided I need to seat the bullets a little further out when I reload. If not for the RDS, it'd be a great carry pistol, though I've considered having it milled for a RDS.

It's phenomenally easy to shoot well. I spent a whole summer shooting Glocks once (and quite well, I might add), and was able to take this to the range and shoot well almost immediately. And that was before the RDS was mounted.

Current configuration and 50 yard group:
    Attachment 58962
    Attachment 58961
    Last edited by opngrnd; 09-26-19 at 21:44. Reason: Fixing pictures

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Pre 70 series Super by Jim Milks.
    It's a 2" at 50 yd benched gun.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Pre 70 series Super by Jim Milks.
    It's a 2" at 50 yd benched gun.

That's incredible. I can't see myself being able to hold that well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    http://www.combatprecision.com/superpony

Here is the link to my Colt, Combat Commander. built by Combat Precision. I bought it and had it built as a 10 round carry gun thing is sweet, gets shot here and there. but I find myself going to the Glock 43 for my daily carry shorts and t-shirt in a beach town.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just re-found this thread. I know there isn't a whole lot of interest in the 1911 .38 Super Auto but I thought I would update my entry. I used to track round count by my bullet/ammo orders. But I just let that slip away but I do know I have over 2000 rounds factory and at least 5000 handloads of various type. It's been modified slowly over the years with the last one being in 2017. The cerocote finish is quite worn in places due to the kydex holster. Other mods include Dawson FO front, 10-8 NM rear, Dawson "IDPA' length extended mag release, Wilson flatwire #15 recoil spring kit [GI length guide], Harrison HD manual safety and VZ golfball grips. Also some conservative polishing of the feedramp and breach with a hammer bob. The rest is stock. It doesn't get babied in use, little cleaning with some grease and oil to keep it running.
    Zero broken parts and the trigger has soothed up nicely.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I just re-found this thread. I know there isn't a whole lot of interest in the 1911 .38 Super Auto but I thought I would update my entry. I used to track round count by my bullet/ammo orders. But I just let that slip away but I do know I have over 2000 rounds factory and at least 5000 handloads of various type. It's been modified slowly over the years with the last one being in 2017. The cerocote finish is quite worn in places due to the kydex holster. Other mods include Dawson FO front, 10-8 NM rear, Dawson "IDPA' length extended mag release, Wilson flatwire #15 recoil spring kit [GI length guide], Harrison HD manual safety and VZ golfball grips. Also some conservative polishing of the feedramp and breach with a hammer bob. The rest is stock. It doesn't get babied in use, little cleaning with some grease and oil to keep it running.
    Zero broken parts and the trigger has soothed up nicely.
    Pictures, please!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Pictures, please!
    I thought I had some but no, I'll take some as soon as I can.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ensure that your barrel headspaces on the mouth, not the rim.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast