G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colt 38 Super Build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Stay tuned: COMBAT PRECISION, Colt Combat Commander Series 70 in 38 super, Not sure how many builds are in front of mine but will post when I get more details.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    krm375-Good to know! I have talked to Combat Precision before. I forget the name, unfortunately, but the owner sounded like a stand-up guy.

I was looking at my local shop the other day, and saw a new bone-stock Colt 38 Super. I asked myself, "What if I set this one up as a range only gun?..."

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Thought I'd update the post. I always enjoy reports from equipment that actually gets used.

Pistol has 4685 rounds through it, and continues to shoot excellent. I'll look at fitting a new extractor to it at some point, but it's never had a FTE. Shockbuffs are a no-go, and when I started prepping brass on a Hornady LNL progressive, whatever voodoo I can't figure out decided I need to seat the bullets a little further out when I reload. If not for the RDS, it'd be a great carry pistol, though I've considered having it milled for a RDS.

It's phenomenally easy to shoot well. I spent a whole summer shooting Glocks once (and quite well, I might add), and was able to take this to the range and shoot well almost immediately. And that was before the RDS was mounted.

Current configuration and 50 yard group:
    Screenshot_20190919-214504_Video Player.jpg
    20190926_213717.jpg
    Last edited by taekwondopreacher; 09-26-19 at 22:44. Reason: Fixing pictures

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Pre 70 series Super by Jim Milks.
    It's a 2" at 50 yd benched gun.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Pre 70 series Super by Jim Milks.
    It's a 2" at 50 yd benched gun.

That's incredible. I can't see myself being able to hold that well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    http://www.combatprecision.com/superpony

Here is the link to my Colt, Combat Commander. built by Combat Precision. I bought it and had it built as a 10 round carry gun thing is sweet, gets shot here and there. but I find myself going to the Glock 43 for my daily carry shorts and t-shirt in a beach town.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123