Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukraine at the precipice.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Ukraine at the precipice.

"Do you need to be told that even such modest attainments as you boast of in the way of polite society will hardly survive the Faith to which they owe their significance?"
    T.S. Eliot, Choruses from the Rock

Feedback Score
    Just watched the Fox News report about it. Looks like they're coming unglued over there.

Those protesting are anti-Moscow and pro-West, correct?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Just watched the Fox News report about it. Looks like they're coming unglued over there.

Those protesting are anti-Moscow and pro-West, correct?
    Correct. I can understand the Ukrainians extreme hesitence with going with Russia, but with the economic collapse of of the EU on the horizon, unemployment through the roof & housing collapse, it may be a smarter choice for economic survival to go with Russia, and several other countries that are trying to form their own banking conglomerate based on a gold backed currency (Most possibly the Wan), with the goal of using it as the new petro currency and totally divesting from the USD.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 02-18-14 at 18:25.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    Correct. I can understand the Ukrainians extreme hesitence with going with Russia, but with the economic collapse of of the EU on the horizon, unemployment through the roof & housing collapse, it may be a smarter choice for economic survival to go with Russia, and several other countries that are trying to form their own banking conglomerate based on a gold backed currency (Most possibly the Wan), with the goal of using it as the new petro currency and totally divesting from the USD.
    If I was them I'd choose BRICS over Bretton-Woods.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My wife is Ukrainian, and I've been to the very place in Kiev where the protests are happening numerous times. It's a sad day for Ukraine, and every Ukrainian I know in the USA is having a hard time dealing with their normal day to day lives knowing what is happening over there. Yanukovych is a criminal and a puppet of Czar Putin. The people of Ukraine deserve better.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    My wife is Ukrainian, and I've been to the very place in Kiev where the protests are happening numerous times. It's a sad day for Ukraine, and every Ukrainian I know in the USA is having a hard time dealing with their normal day to day lives knowing what is happening over there. Yanukovych is a criminal and a puppet of Czar Putin. The people of Ukraine deserve better.
    The Irony.....

that's like saying: Holder is a criminal & a puppet for Czar Obama. The people of America deserve better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo6Actual View Post
    The Irony.....

that's like saying: Holder is a criminal & a puppet for Czar Obama. The people of America deserve better.
    I guess I'm not following what you are trying to say.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    I guess I'm not following what you are trying to say.
    Nevermind & no sweat, not worth it if you don't get it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was born in Kiev and though I have no ties left there, and have not been back since Dec 3rd 1990 I still feel sad for the state of affairs. Ukrainians hate Russians since they lost their independence to them last century and the feelings have only gotten stronger since their independence was regained. There is even a derogatory term for Russians in the Ukranian language lol. Having a president who is essentially siding with the enemy after years of western leaning leaders only pours salt in the wounds.

My father and I were just discussing it, I wanted to snow Kiev to my wife, it's one of the oldest cities in Europe, but its not going to happen any time soon.

Shche ne vmerla Ukraina
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast