Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the M4C consensus on Savage rifles?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    The only thing savage has going for it is user switchable barrels.
    Tikka is a superior rifle in every way for the same price.
    Thats a pretty broad statement and doesn't take in the availability of used guns. I haven't seen a used Tikka anywhere lately, I do run up on gently used Savages pretty often.
    I bought a used Savage Model 11 for less than the price of a 10/22 new, sure it isn't perfect, but I do feel it was money well spent. If I use it a half dozen times over the next ten years hunting deer, I will count it as money well spent and perfectly capable of getting the job done.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Savage action is solid....ugly...but solid.

It is not as refined as a Winchester...but none are

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've bought three Savage rifles in .308 since the accutrigger models came out. I got them as backup/pickup truck guns that my boys could lug around and we could loan out if we needed to. My oldest son got on a kick with the heavy barreled one and worked up a load that shoots lights out. Horn 165, R15 if think, anyway - for the money they have been the most accurate, durable, uncomplicated guns I've owned. I've got more money in glass and rings than I have in Tupperware and steel. I park good scopes on them and they tend to stay
    They're kind of like an old Ford 8N tractor. Not pretty, but will probably still be doing the job fifty years from now.
    “Beware unearned wisdom.” Jung

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There's a ton of bench rest shooters using savage and as someone above said cosmetics is there only failing,there strength and function are spot on.
    "I show my Colt to my friends,and my Glock to my enemies "

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr blasty View Post
    Like the Remingtons aren't? Haven't seen savage on dateline.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Plus, I'm pretty sure Savage fixed that issue by making it to where you couldn't adjust actual trigger to lower pull than trigger safety. People slamming the bolt around on super low trigger pull settings would have ND'ed but Savage saved the day by simply locking up trigger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Love my LRPV in 22-250... It's heavy and is not something that I would want to carry around in the woods but from a rest, it'll do clover leafs all day. I don't think the ground hogs around here like it much though.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    While me personally, I would take an SPS Tactical 700 over most Savages, Savage makes an all around good rifle. The thing I love about them is the ability to easily re-barrel one or change calibers. The Savage model 10 FCP is one I do like however. Savage makes an accurate rifle. My preference is just that I grew up on 700's and I kind of stick with what I know. I don't think you would do wrong by owning a Savage though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Savage has a following in the "F" class shooters. You get a good gun for the price. As others have said the gun isn't pretty but it will shoot.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    agr is right. I see more and more Savages now. I have a pre accu trigger 30-06 in my safe, to be honest other than the pencil barrel(heats up fast), it shoots great. It seems to have more felt recoil than my 700 30-06. Nothing a Limbsaver wouldn't take care of. To be honest , even though I prefer a 700, it is hard to beat a Savage for the money spent.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    Plus, I'm pretty sure Savage fixed that issue by making it to where you couldn't adjust actual trigger to lower pull than trigger safety. People slamming the bolt around on super low trigger pull settings would have ND'ed but Savage saved the day by simply locking up trigger.
    I wasn't talking about them firing. I was talking about them locking up when they get dirty. Again this never happened to my rifles but it is something to be mindful of.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast