Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LEO's I have a question for you

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Department policy is we are to carry both issues weapons (primary and bug). Bug is a S&W 640 and I carry it in my weak side pant pocket every day I am in uniform. I know others carry it on their ankle but I like to carry the weight higher incise I have to run.

Feedback Score
    I'll tell you one thing, the Army won't let you carry a back up gun. You get your M4 and 210 rounds. Find a good blade as your back up. They don't issue bayonets anymore but the M9 bayonet is a nice blade you can attach to your rifle!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbrokaw89 View Post
    I'll tell you one thing, the Army won't let you carry a back up gun. You get your M4 and 210 rounds. Find a good blade as your back up. They don't issue bayonets anymore but the M9 bayonet is a nice blade you can attach to your rifle!
    When I was in the Army, you couldn't have a blade in the barracks or it would be confiscated during a health and welfare. Infantrymen weren't permitted to have dangerous implements like that apparently. Just make sure you know the rules and don't wind up in a jam. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Stay safe brother

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Stay safe.

Feedback Score
    I carry a S&W 642 (.38 Spl +P) loaded with Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel JHP in a Don Hume 001 pocket holster in my front left pocket.

I like the holster itself, but I don't care for pocket holsters; I was blessed (cursed) with large legs and a big ass, so my pants and I are at odds enough as it is without adding that much more "stuff" into my pocket. I've carried the gun loose in my pocket on my person for about three years now (just got hired about 10 months ago) and that's what I'm used to. Nothing else goes in that pocket so that there is nothing to get jammed in the trigger guard and I've never had an issue. The holster is only used now because the department mandated that all BUGs be carried in a holster.

ETA: I have to shoot the same 40 round qualification course with both my G22 and my 642. Last month I shot 40/40 with it I think.
    “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” - William James

"I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We are not permitted to carry a BUG. But honestly, nobody ever seems to talk about it. I work in a fairly large suburban agency and I know some people would if we could. I'm going to ask around about this policy now and see what the reason is......Thanks!

Feedback Score
    To those who are using vest holsters, what are you using? Since my initial posts in this thread I've qualified with my 26 and regularly ankle carry but I've been in a few foot chases already and do not really like ankle carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I carry a Glock 21 as primary and an AMT Backup 45 in holster on vest, adds a little bulk but at least I am able to get to it. The dept. allows any cal. above .380 ACP. All weapons on the dept. are owned/supplied by the officer at own expense. I also carry an 870 and an AR15.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    LEO,

I'm an investigator for my agency. I'm issued an m&p compact in .40 for a duty gun. Patrol carries the full sized version.

I've always carried a BUG. My most used BUG since 2000 has been my S&W J Frame centennial snubby in .38 special. Mine wears crimson trace laser grips, which in my opinion are the single greatest accessory to aid in hit factor.

In the 90s I ran a COLT Officers ACP as a BUG to my 70 series COLT 5" government model. Also carried a G27 for a short time period after I switched from a 1911 to a Glock 21 .45.

My j frame snubby 99% of the time is carried in my left front pocket of my pants while working. I am right handed. When I talk to people who I am not familiar with, I keep my left hand casually in my pocket until I determine that they are not likely to be a threat.

Most everyone generally is fixated on the gun carried on the strong side. This method allows me to appear casual, but be ready to address a deadly situation, should the need arise.

Plus if I am fighting for my primary weapon, the offside positioned BUG gives me an option if I cannot get someone off of me in a weapon retention fight.

Hope that helps a little.
    Last edited by Lost River; 07-13-14 at 14:16. Reason: typo
    THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234