Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LEO's I have a question for you

Feedback Score
    The Crossbreed series is worthy of consideration if you are interested in IWB. It seems to spread out the bulk of the pistol and minimize the print regardless of how you're wearing your shirt. I am a bug Milt Sparks fan, but their orders run about six months and the Crossbreed is generally available and a really good piece for the money.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingball911 View Post
    I admit I am very new, my tag should say "serving since yesterday." I'll reconsider carrying my g26 but I'll have to get a better holster than my desantis apache.
    Quote Originally Posted by walkin' trails View Post
    The Crossbreed series is worthy of consideration if you are interested in IWB. It seems to spread out the bulk of the pistol and minimize the print regardless of how you're wearing your shirt. I am a big Milt Sparks fan, but their orders run about six months and the Crossbreed is generally available and a really good piece for the money.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, should have specified ankle carry while on duty. Off duty I carry IWB everywhere

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Wouldn't it be hard to run with a g26 strapped to your ankle? Or should I just do more squats and quit being a wuss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had given it some thought over 30 years, but never carried one. Both dept's I worked at, allowed them but they had to be approved first and you had to do a qualification course with them before you carried.
    Marriage is a good institution, considering you're ready for one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dept has had BUG policy for 20+ years. I carry a Glock 27 to back up my mandatory carried Glock 22 (issued) in an inside the vest holster.

Feedback Score
    When I was a LEO, I carried a BUG on duty. My department encouraged it, and we were authorized to carry nearly anything we wanted (firearms instructors like me had veto power but we never had to exercise it). We had a BUG qualification requirement. Over 50% of patrol officers carried BUGs. When I started, most carried j-frames but by the time I left, half were carrying G26's.

I carried a Kahr P9 covert for several years before switching to a G26 when we switched to Glock service pistols. When I carried the Kahr, I was the only one on the department that carried a spare magazine/speedloader for their BUG. When I switched to the G26 there was no need because my service pistol was a G17.

I carried both in a Galco Bootlock holster. The Kahr carried much easier than the Glock. Half our officers carried in ankle rigs and about half carried in pocket holsters. Pocket holsters are comfortable and quick (when standing), but nearly impossible to draw from with the opposite hand, seated, or while wrestling around on the ground. I chose an ankle rig because I could access the weapon no matter what position I was in. There is no perfect solution IMHO.

Feedback Score
    Signed with the army today, looking forward to the next years of my life, thank you all for the advise and guidance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    God Speed
    After BT and AIT. Find a good mentor and Leader, that can give you Good guidance for you and your career. Watch your 6.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubby View Post
    Signed with the army today, looking forward to the next years of my life, thank you all for the advise and guidance
    Good luck and keep us updated on your progress
    * My views discussed on this forum are personal opinion only and do not constitute information released in an official capacity*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast