Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which .556 to buy in bulk??

Which .556 to buy in bulk??

There are so many different brands to choose from not sure what has the good ratings and what doesn't. Have a Daniels defense with a 1/7 twist I prefer to buy a 62 grain bullet... So many to choose from, XM193 , M855

PMC XTAC... Any ideas or input on the differences would be great. I'm looking to get about 2000 rounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Tag for later

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.mohr.92317 View Post
    There are so many different brands to choose from not sure what has the good ratings and what doesn't. Have a Daniels defense with a 1/7 twist I prefer to buy a 62 grain bullet... So many to choose from, XM193 , M855

PMC XTAC... Any ideas or input on the differences would be great. I'm looking to get about 2000 rounds

In all the years I have been shooting, the Magtech/CBC 5.56 ammo is the best BULK ammo I have encountered. It is FIRST quality 5.56 (not factory seconds made from rejected .mil brass).

Their 62gr is my favorite as it does NOT have the steel core (making it more accurate and allowing you to shoot steel targets without damaging it).

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=CBC556B

C4

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    If you are looking to stock up on just one type of ammo I'd go with the M193 loading.

Although not miserably inaccurate, I've found M855 to be lacking in the accuracy department compared to M193 out of a number of rifles.
    M193 is also more available and cheaper than M855.

PMC is not bad ammo. It's just weaker than M193. Your Daniel Defense should run it fine if it is a stock carbine gas gun. I'd test it though prior to purchasing 2k of it.
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    In all the years I have been shooting, the Magtech/CBC 5.56 ammo is the best BULK ammo I have encountered. It is FIRST quality 5.56 (not factory seconds made from rejected .mil brass).

Their 62gr is my favorite as it does NOT have the steel core (making it more accurate and allowing you to shoot steel targets without damaging it).

C4

I haven't encountered this before. Interesting.
    I know it is out of a 20" barrel but 3,166 fps is pretty strong.
    How accurate is it?
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoby View Post
    I haven't encountered this before. Interesting.
    I know it is out of a 20" barrel but 3,166 fps is pretty strong.
    How accurate is it?
    I don't own a 20" barrel so I cannot comment. I have shot sub 1MOA groups with it before.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

C4
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Particular brands/weights can be hard to find and overpriced in today's market. My approach to buying range ammo is to buy the least expensive (brass, not steel) that I can find. Recently, I've used Wolf Gold, PMC, Federal, and Armscor (each at about 0.35/round) and all were okay for blasting at the range.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would go for the X-TAC. It's a really nicely made round. Don't confused it with PMC Bronze. X-TAC is much faster than Bronze.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    For what it's worth, Steel Core does not damage steel targets and is perfectly safe to shoot on steel.... or should I say as safe as shooting any other standard bullet.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast