Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which .556 to buy in bulk??

Feedback Score
    I've had good luck with PMC out of my DD M4V7. 855 and 193, runs just fine and it's accurate.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    In all the years I have been shooting, the Magtech/CBC 5.56 ammo is the best BULK ammo I have encountered. It is FIRST quality 5.56 (not factory seconds made from rejected .mil brass).

Their 62gr is my favorite as it does NOT have the steel core (making it more accurate and allowing you to shoot steel targets without damaging it).

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=CBC556B

C4
    This.

I was sold on this round while shooting 600 yards at a steel silhouette: it was consistent, and the most accurate out of all my other loadings.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    This.

I was sold on this round while shooting 600 yards at a steel silhouette: it was consistent, and the most accurate out of all my other loadings.
    If you're shooting that far, switch to Sierra Matchkings.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    What is the difference on ammo that starts with an X? Xm193 vs M193
    Or M855 vs XM855

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I'd put IMI M193 or CBC/Magtech 62 gr first. For cheap blaster ammo, Wolf Gold.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I don't think you can go wrong with the PMC XTAC.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Just buy whatever is cheapest.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=michael.mohr.92317;1860081]There are so many different brands to choose from not sure what has the good ratings and what doesn't. Have a Daniels defense with a 1/7 twist I prefer to buy a 62 grain bullet... So many to choose from, XM193 , M855

PMC XTAC... Any ideas or input on the differences would be great. I'm looking to get about 2000 rounds

My favorite bulk ammo is the Magtech/CBC 5.56 referenced above by Grant. Although I haven't done anything other than ad hoc comparison accuracy testing, my "impression" is that my 6920, BCM BHF 16" mid and 14.5 mid length Noveske are slightly more accurate with the M193 than the M855. Both flavors are more accurate in my hands than ADI, Lithuanian and even IMI. This is only out to the 100 yard paper target limit of my local range. That being said, I also seem to be far more successful hitting steel silhouettes (same range) out to 300 yards with with an H-1 or Vortex PST 1-4 mounted than I am with any other bulk ammo.

I don't think it is possible to do better bulk-wise and Grant has had very competitive prices given the limited availability of Magtech/CBC elsewhere (last time I looked about a month ago). Cost/accuracy ratio is reasonable for me given the times we live in.

kiwi57

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    One thing I will say is to diversify your ammo. By this, I mean don't just buy xxx brand and xxxxx lot numbers. This way in the event of a recall your not stuck trying to exchange thousands of rounds of ammo. I used the Magtech ammo, IMI and the Federal M193 loadings and they have all been solid performers. I wish that there was more of the IMI stuff available.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast