Thread: Krinkov style Ak's

Feedback Score

Krinkov style Ak's

I want but was wondering exactly how much power is lost from a .30 round when the barrels are that short. I know these are meant to be CQB guns but how effective are they when they are chopped down that much. I like the looks of them but just because they are pretty doesn't mean I will spend money on something impractical.

Thanks kin advance
    "To ask is but a moments shame, but to not ask, and remain ignorant is a life's shame" - Lao Tzu

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTricks View Post
    I want but was wondering exactly how much power is lost from a .30 round when the barrels are that short. I know these are meant to be CQB guns but how effective are they when they are chopped down that much. I like the looks of them but just because they are pretty doesn't mean I will spend money on something impractical.
    The 7.62x39 is still relatively effective out of a short barrel, because its performance isn't as velocity-dependent as 5.56 is. I'm sure others with more intimate knowledge of the subject (I'm a 5.45 guy myself, and prefer the 12" AK-105 types over the AKS-74U) will be along with some hard data shortly.

And even though you do sacrifice some power, a 7.62 Krink would still beat the hell out of a 9mm subgun for unsuppressed applications.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter521 View Post
    The 7.62x39 is still relatively effective out of a short barrel, because its performance isn't as velocity-dependent as 5.56 is. I'm sure others with more intimate knowledge of the subject (I'm a 5.45 guy myself, and prefer the 12" AK-105 types over the AKS-74U) will be along with some hard data shortly.

And even though you do sacrifice some power, a 7.62 Krink would still beat the hell out of a 9mm subgun for unsuppressed applications.
    I figured it would, and I know that 7.62x39 isn't the same as 7.62 NATO but it is basically a shorter version of the more powerful/bigger round. I read somewhere that the .308 cartridge loses some 100 fps every inch of barrel that you give up so it made me think about 7.62x39 and what the losses would be. I'm sure that it's still effective in extreme CQB but I was wondering how effective it would be at 100/150 meters....

Thanks
    "To ask is but a moments shame, but to not ask, and remain ignorant is a life's shame" - Lao Tzu