Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knife with a loop?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Got the knife yesterday. Have some objections, but I guess it will work. for $170 I sure wish it was EXACTLY what I want, but it will do. Forgot how much I hate liner locks having been spoiled by Benchmade's Axis lock for the last couple of years.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Give the liner lock time to break in properly, Rob. The more you use it the better and smoother it gets. Also, a drop of oil helps!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yeah, I know. I sold Benchmades for a few years, back when they first had the Emerson models, and oiled many a liner lock for customers that complained about them. The axis locks are just so much better IMHO, it's hard to go backwards.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Both of my Benchmade 9050 autos got fouled up from the post-tsunami muck when I was in Indonesia. I've gone skin diving with them and they do great in saltwater with propper post-care, but are not meant for use in truly austere conditions with limited resources to clean and maintain.

My Emerson Karabit got pretty dirty in Iraq, but always worked and was easy to take apart and clean in the field using just my Leatherman. My Benchmade 710 axis knife I keep for (clean) civilized use. Smoother action, but not as rugged IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12