Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend a good 200+ yard flat top upper for coyotes

Feedback Score
    LOL!!

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    A Colt 6920 out of the box would hit coyotes at those distances. Worry about some good ammo maybe something with magnification.

Like markm, it was not what I expected you to say but, an excellent recommendation.
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Feedback Score
    Nothing fancy is required. 55 grain vmax or the like. 100 meter zero with 2moa dot or 1-4 will slay them out to 200 easy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePike View Post
    Nothing fancy is required. 55 grain vmax or the like. 100 meter zero with 2moa dot or 1-4 will slay them out to 200 easy.
    Outstanding, thank you.

Feedback Score
    I wanted to update this thread with what my brother went with.

I told him to subscribe to the palmetto state armory mailing list. A few weeks later a 16 inch hammer forged upper, midlength with rail went on sale. The price without BCG or charging handle was around $389.

He brought the upper over to my house, I gave him a spare lower I had, bolt carrier and charging handle. Then we went shooting.

Talk about sweet. The weight of the rail along with that midlength gas system makes for very little recoil. It is going to perfect for what he is doing.

The upper was like this one, but with a midlength gas system,

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-handle-1.html
    Last edited by ~kev~; 05-13-14 at 14:06.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12