Thread: M&P 10 Barrel Options

Feedback Score

M&P 10 Barrel Options

OK. I corresponded with one of the the S&W reps on another forum, to which i was told everything on the M&P 10 is proprietary. That being said, I know there are some smart guys in the shooting community that will not take no for an answer! Has anyone experimented with other manufacturers barrels on the M&P? I need details, as I want to SBR mine and the Tactical barrel that came on it is not going to work. The barrel diameter, behind the muzzle threads is smaller and will not allow for rethreading for my suppressor mount. I know there was talk last year about S&W releasing 16" barrels but as it would seem, just conjecture...

Discussion?

Last edited by 101ABN327; 03-03-14 at 10:02.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wouldn't mind a 16" heavier barrel option.

Feedback Score
    It probably wouldn't be too difficult to get a barrel fitted onto the extension, just cost ya labor at your gunsmith for the time it'd take to thread it to the right pitch and so forth. Try something like a Hart or Pac Nor or similar. Depends on what it's worth to ya. Kinda takes away some of the price advantage on it which is a main drawing point. Like a lot of things gun related it all depends on priorities and what route you're willing to take to get from point A to point B.
    Last edited by yellowfin; 03-03-14 at 11:31.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    Has anyone ever taken the extension off and fitted it to a different barrel?