Thread: Water filter using pine tree...

Feedback Score

Water filter using pine tree...

Nt sure if anyone has posted this so here ya go...

http://beforeitsnews.com/survival/20...in.info%2FfUod

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's really neat. I've always been interested in ways to get drinkable water other than from commercially designed filters or by heating it.

Thanks for the post

Feedback Score
    Do you get a turpentine flavor with that?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    interesting. I read the article but I didn't take away what would be the most efficient size for this.

also, it said it removed bacteria but not virus - is this a problem?..
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not trying to point out the obvious but only if no virus is already present...

Guessing on lack of a virus could be potentially fatal. It appears, as mentioned in the article, that the method may be best served from collected rain water or the like where there is likely less contaminant outside of dust and whatnot. I don't think you would want to try this on the dirty stagnant pool.

Feedback Score
    It sounds more complicated and slow than boiling water after filtering it though your teeshirt. From the way they talk, it appears that fresh wood is needed, so it's not something you could cut for the precise size of the tubes and store away for a future event.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaWoodsman View Post
    It sounds more complicated and slow than boiling water after filtering it though your teeshirt. From the way they talk, it appears that fresh wood is needed, so it's not something you could cut for the precise size of the tubes and store away for a future event.
    I wild imagine the freshness part is due to the fact it will wick water better like a wet vise dry sponge or chamois cloth. Ok too of that. After cutting a sappy tree like a pine, after a while the sap runs to the cut and seals it off completely. That's why on real Christmas trees they recommend a fresh cut straight into water to prevent that from happening.