Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Carry Conceal LIcenses have officially been issued.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneinhisroom View Post
    So does this mean one can legally CC in chicago or is chicago kind of like a NYC?
    It's a statewide license - Chicago and Cook County tried to make it more restrictive like the situation in NY state but they weren't able to get the votes. The law includes handgun preemption, but Chicago, Cook and a few other towns are still trying to enforce local ordinances against magazine size and (in the case of Chicago) lasers. I'm sure this will be tested in court before too long, and there are bills in the current session to clarify the preemption extent.

Now we need to work on statewide preemption of long guns...
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    I applied for my permit earlier this week. Can't wait!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It's a statewide license - Chicago and Cook County tried to make it more restrictive like the situation in NY state but they weren't able to get the votes. The law includes handgun preemption, but Chicago, Cook and a few other towns are still trying to enforce local ordinances against magazine size and (in the case of Chicago) lasers. I'm sure this will be tested in court before too long, and there are bills in the current session to clarify the preemption extent.

Now we need to work on statewide preemption of long guns...
    I am 99% off the top of my head that there is currently a trailer bill in the general assembly which will slap Chicago and Cook in the face. Having said that, if the bill doesn't get passed it'll be tested in court. I am urging my students to comply with Chicago law until we see how that works out, knowing it'll take a few years sucks but it is what it is. Some poor soul will find out for us.

We still need to work on alot in this state. The showing at IGOLD yesterday was pretty short. People seem to think we won because we now have concealed carry. We have a bad bill that needs to be fixed. We have alot of anti gun bills in the general assembly currently, including registration. We're not done by a long shot. I think we need to slap alot of illinois gun owners back into reality that we won a major victory but the war for our rights is far from over.
    Last edited by AlphaKoncepts; 03-06-14 at 12:08.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Feedback Score
    Any news on reciprocity?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dp13 View Post
    Any news on reciprocity?
    No. It's being worked on, but I doubt it will happen for a few years.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    No. It's being worked on, but I doubt it will happen for a few years.
    Reciprocity? My opinion on the subject, don't hold your breath. If I were to buy my hats in the tin foil aisle of the grocery store, this is what I would come up with:

It's a safe bet to say that Illinois doesn't want us to carry. That's why it was the last bastion of gun grabbers in regards to carrying a concealed firearm. So the powers that be made it as restrictive as possible. They especially do not want out of state residents carrying in Illinois. Just look at what is going on with the out of state resident license process. ONLY Hawaii may apply for an out of state resident concealed carry license. Was this NOT buy design of Mike Madigan? yes it surely was. But what about the vehicle exemption for out of state residents who are legal to carry in their state? Well it is my suspicion that this part of the law was added to protect Illinois from a denial of rights law suit from out of state people wanting to carry in Illinois. Illinois can say, "Look we allow people from some states, Hawaii, to apply. And we allow anyone legal in their state of residence to carry in their vehicle. There is no denial of rights." But we all know that is manure.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Personally, I believe that a valid FOID card should be all that is needed to carry a concealed firearm. Given that is not the case, I am pleased that FCCL cards are being issued to civilians. This should have happened over 20 years ago.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A civilian with a concealed carry license has used a firearm in self defense in the Chicago area.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2472485.story
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Congrats everyone! Welcome to free America!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Mcarthy
    I actually don't know what a barrel shroud is- I believe it's the shoulder thing that goes up
    Quote Originally Posted by Serialmonagamist
    There's no need to shoot a bear over a bluff charge, for the same reason you don't shoot every douchebag you see in a Tapout shirt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    A civilian with a concealed carry license has used a firearm in self defense in the Chicago area.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2472485.story
    ... and we had our first CCL arrest a week earlier. In both cases each man was on his own property and did not need a CCL.
    -Thomas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast