Thread: <<HELP needed with DD lite rail>>

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

<<HELP needed with DD lite rail>>

ok guys, can you help me with this?

i'm installing a DD Lite rail and when i tighten down the barrel nut, the flower shaped mounting plate that gets sandwiched between the upper receiver and barrel nut is very loose. is it supposed to be this way? i thought the barrel is supposed to cinch the mounting plate up tight against the receiver.

any first hand experience?

i'm beginning to wonder if i should have ordered another larue rail instead of this one.

thanks,

Kent

Feedback Score
    Yea thats normal. once you put the allen screws in, it holds it tight. it's part of the design. Since you already have the Larue rail run this one a bit I think you'll like it, it's alot lighter which IMO is a very good thing.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    ok guys, can you help me with this?

i'm installing a DD Lite rail and when i tighten down the barrel nut, the flower shaped mounting plate that gets sandwiched between the upper receiver and barrel nut is very loose. is it supposed to be this way? i thought the barrel is supposed to cinch the mounting plate up tight against the receiver.

any first hand experience?

i'm beginning to wonder if i should have ordered another larue rail instead of this one.

thanks,

Kent

Yes it's normal, the 6 steel screws will hold it tight. Also be sure to torque the bbl nut enough. I set my torque wrench to 65ft lbs for Lite Rails.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    thanks! i was just worried, on the assumption that the barrel nut would be holding in the collar better and that since there was no actual mechanism to prevent rotation, it needed to be tight.

it went together ok. i don't know if i like it better than my larue though. i was so impressed with the Omega rail that i tried this for my 16" lmt. when it's done i'll update this with some pics.

thanks again!!

Feedback Score
    No problem. I think you'll like it. I run the Larue as well and while i pesonally think it's nicer my work gun has the DD because of weight savings. enjoy your rail.