Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: !!! RANGE REPORT !!! BCM BFH 14.5" mid length w/ 13" KMR hand guard.

Feedback Score

!!! RANGE REPORT !!! BCM BFH 14.5" mid length w/ 13" KMR hand guard.

After a few months of progressing issues with key holing from my DPMS I had finally determined that the barrel was shot out. After much deliberation and lots of suggestion from friends, fellow shooter, fellow LEO's and the good people here on m4carbine.com I decided on a new upper group and BCG from Bravo Company.

I went with the BCM BFH 14.5" middy with the new 13" KMR rail. I also coupled one of BCM's fine BCG's, an ambi charging handle and also a BCM short vertical grip. Upon opening the box I could immediately tell I was holding a finely made upper receiver group. The Mod1 BCM gunfighter muzzle device was secured with a pin and clean welding spot that made it clear that this muzzle device was obviously permanently affixed to the government profile barrel.

After a quick trip to the range, I was able to run about 100rds of mixed 55gr .233 and 5.56, and the rifle ran flawlessly. The impromptu range trip allowed me to get a general zero with my fixed Daniel Defense iron sights and my Eotech 512. Some slight adjustment was made due to the fact I was going from a 15" rail to the BCM KMR 13" rail.

Today I was able to hit the range again with a selection of 69-75gr bullets to dial in my Burris Fullfield Tac30 1-4x scope.

Using Federal Gold medal Match 69gr ammo I got a 1.88" group.

With some HPR Match 75gr HPBT I got a 1.63" group

All groups fired were under 2MOA. I was also able to further dial in my iron sight/eotech combination and run some 2x2x2 drills. The rifle handled well and swung smoothly while transitioning. I have had flawless functioning from 50-75gr bullets and don't see any reason that I would have any foreseeable issues from this fine BCM tool!

Below is the previous incarnation of my rifle, Athena!

And this is Athena 2.0! I call her "lil sister."

-BTO-
    -BTO-

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Looks good.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Nice build

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Nice ride.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    In current form, that's a really nice rifle without any unnecessary expenditure, very nice.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nice looking rifle. Nice shooting too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    In current form, that's a really nice rifle without any unnecessary expenditure, very nice.
    This will be my patrol rifle so I wanted to keep it pretty simple. Short grip for a solid purchase on the rifle and the fixed irons so I don't have to worry about flipping anything if it has to be brought out quickly. I love shooting with just the irons but the cowitnessed eotech is the icing. All sighted in at 50yds. POI inside I that is only about 2" south of POA.

-BTO-
    -BTO-

Feedback Score
    Very nice.

Feedback Score
    Lil' sis' is looking serious. Very nice upgrade.
    “Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils.”
    - General John Stark, July 31, 1809

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nice! I want one of these uppers so bad. But also, I want to stay married so for now... it's a waiting game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast