Thread: Anyone Here Use The Loppy Dump Pouch?

Feedback Score

Anyone Here Use The Loppy Dump Pouch?

If so, what are the pros and cons?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Been using one of 2-3 yrs. To me the pros are about the same as the cons...

Nice light weight, low profile, and stays out of the way, and not a lot deeper than a pmag, so I'm not bending over backwards to get whatever is in the bottom of the pouch. Great pouch if you're trying to keep your kit kinda skinny. Downside, I've found, is that because of the low profile and light weight, with a couple mags / more than a handful of spare rounds in it the mouth will sag leaving me fishing for the opening before I release w/e I'm putting in there. Also due to the depth if I'm running, or working on a lot of positions I run the risk of leaving a trail of mags, rounds, or water bottle along the way, meaning I get to go pick shit up when I'm done. Solution to the downsides is pretty simple, don't keep a days worth of stuff in there, and download your gear when you have the chance and it won't be a problem. Easily my favorite dump pouch out of the handful I've tried, but a slightly stiffer mouth, and another 1/2 inch of depth would go a long way in making it easier at times.
    "I can’t remember a mile in my life that was even mildly amusing"

Feedback Score
    superr.stu,

Thanks for the input.

I'm now considering the Maxpedition Mega Roly Polly.

It's a little larger without being huge.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have an HSGI Mag-Net. I haven't used it a lot yet, but I'm really liking it so far.

http://www.skdtac.com/HSGI-Mag-Net-D...-p/hsg.228.htm
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Its been the only dump I've used and I like it quite a bit. I don't have problems with stuff falling out because I either keep it closed or make sure I close it before moving - that's what the top strip of velcro is for. Even when I don't close it, I've still never had anything fall out. I think its the best option for overall size, price, and features. I wouldn't mind trying the BFG pouch, but don't need to by any means so I haven't felt like spending the money.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    56 (100%)
    I had one. Bought it because I needed a dump pouch and it was an SKD "staff pick". For me, it sucked. If you left it open, it would either close on its own or everything would fall out. If you closed it, you couldn't really easily open it with one hand. Switched to the HSGI magnet and love it.

Feedback Score
    Yeah... The LOPPY... When stowed approx 3.5" Square by 1.5" deep

When closed. Grab hand jerk down and away. Which will deploy pouch

Once laden slap closed, then pull handle to reopen

It is NOT Designed to be a long duration shitretainer but rather an extra pair of "hands" for whatever administrative task at hand

Why is that? Its the way I designed it

Cheers