Thread: AR15 Nighttime Hunting Light

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

AR15 Nighttime Hunting Light

What are you using?

I'm looking for a weaponlight for nighttime use, hogs, predators and varmints. Shots 5~100yards. It will be for my BCM 14.5" mid length with aimpoint micro.

Any ideas on light and mount appreciated. I have searched the main forum, but they are mostly focused on military and home defense. Figured for my needs I'd post here.

Feedback Score
    The Wicked Light is supposed to be the best for the money. I don't have one yet, but as soon as I get my AR set up I'll order the one with the red light.

http://www.wickedhuntinglights.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I stick with scout lights with km2 heads...

Feedback Score
    Some good stuff on lights that eventually evolves into FLIR in this thread, starting on 2nd page. I think the early light stuff will be what you want to see. I got the red olight after reading and like it a lot:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...formance/page2
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quick fix would be to throw red cover on weapon light, shot some hogs in TX with my bow while guide held red light. Hogs didn't seem to mind.

Feedback Score
    I'm using a 'Nightmaster NM800. Has interchangeable LEDs, white, green, red and IR, fully focusable. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416162013.757470.jpg

Regards

Pete

www.varmintinguk.co.uk

Feedback Score
    If you're going with LED, which I think it a good choice, look at the best performing reflected lights like the DBS, Tiablo A10, and Jetbeam Raptor.

I have one question,

I am looking for a simulator for 3D flying with a quadcopter.
    So far I haven't found anything. Except, this one website, here - https://bat-hawkrecon.com/, that describes many 3D simulators.

Do you know any?

Thanks.
    Last edited by yinorela; 12-20-20 at 04:42.

Feedback Score
    i use night snipe from predator hunter outdoors when i did it and they were great my partner used wicked and they were just as good or better we have since switched to night vision and I'm in the process of switching to thermal but we still use the lights every now and again

Feedback Score
    I use a streamlight TLR-1 hog hunting and it works pretty well. Relatively cheap and has a decent battery life.

Not sure if green light is the best choice as I spooked a few hogs earlier this year. It probably would work best when used in conjunction with a feeder light.

Feedback Score
    I use a streamlight scorpion X, with navigation mode. red lens