Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Badly misaligned feed ramps on Colt upper... something to worry about?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Are you using some sort of thread locker on your installs? 25-30 degrees is well short of the minimum 90 degrees required when using a crush washer.
    I use Loctite Blue on the threads. My goal is to not stretch the threads by overtightening and not induce undue pressure against the barrel crown during assembly.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I use Loctite Blue on the threads. My goal is to not stretch the threads by overtightening and not induce undue pressure against the barrel crown during assembly.
    Makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

I admit that I'd be afraid to use blue Loctite on muzzle device threads myself and would probably opt for red Loctite if given the option. How does the blue Loctite hold up in your experience? I keep a supply of blue Loctite (243) and red Loctite (263) on hand always, but I rarely ever use the red 263.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 09-20-22 at 23:54.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

I admit that I'd be afraid to use blue Loctite on muzzle device threads myself and would probably opt for red Loctite if given the option. How does the blue Loctite hold up in your experience? I keep a supply of blue Loctite (243) and red Loctite (263) on hand always, but I rarely ever use the red 263.
    Blue Loctite 246 is high temp and will work well on muzzle devices while still being easily removable when necessary.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567