Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is your pick? Romney, Jindal, Crist or Lieberman?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Actually, Indians are white.

Ehhhh...do you think most Americans split that hair?

I personally like Jindal very much and I think he'd make a fine choice. That he adds some diversity to the ticket can't really be denied.

My point was that Lieberman and Jindal were the most likely to win the election as McCain's running mate. Romney reminds me of Lurch.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    All I know is that I'd rather McCain leave Charlie Crist right where he is as Gov of Florida. I like the job he is doing down here and dont know of anyone who I think is ready to step up into his shoes.
    I have to say I second this idea. I'm against his whole Amendment 1 deal, but otherwise I'd like to see him stick around for another few term.

-B

Feedback Score
    McCain's biggest strength against Obama is his experience....to choose Crist or Jindal weakens his "strength card". Dems will counter that if inexperience works against Obama, McCains running mates aren't more qualified than their candidate.

Liberman won't be chosen, I believe Republican party rules state the candidates must be Republican.....Liberman is an Independent.

Romney would bring conservatives back that McCain offended and would also add to his fund raising. Romney has a strong organization team in states that will be needed for the general election. It also places Romney in a very strong position in 4-to-8 years to superceed to the top of the ticket. None are perfect, but Romney has more to offer the ticket than any of the others.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think McCain needs to get someone w/ solid conservative credentials as Veep. He doesn't need another moderate on his team - he already has that base covered himself. If I HAD to pick one of the four, it would be Lieberman.

As to the race issue and the veep slot it is a catch 22 for McCain. If he chooses a white guy, it will be exploited as more domination by whitey. If he chooses a minority, I think it will illicit scorn as a lame attempt at butt kissing. He just needs to chose a guy with good credentials and forget the race thing because it will blow back on him no matter who he chooses.

Mac should dust Jesse Helms off, if he's still with us - that would be thinking outside the box!
    Don't forget to show my head to the people. It's well worth seeing.
    -Georges Danton

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker5 View Post
    I think McCain needs to get someone w/ solid conservative credentials as Veep. He doesn't need another moderate on his team - he already has that base covered himself. If I HAD to pick one of the four, it would be Lieberman.
    In one breath McCain needs a solid conservative, and in the next breath you want the Liberal? Lieberman is a nice guy. I have not met him personally but he seems to have personal ethics. But he is a liberal when it comes to almost everything. The fact that he understands the threats we face better than most politicians does not change that.

Lieberman is honorable, but not a conservative (and where does he stand on the 2A?)

Chad
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker5 View Post
    .....If I HAD to pick one of the four, it would be Lieberman.

Lieberman (former Democrat) ran as an Independent.......Republican party rules state you have to be a party member to be eligible for the ticket. Even if Lieberman were a Republican, (which he's not), he'd need the support of at least five state delegations to even get on the first round of ballots at the convention. Got a better chance of raising Jessy Helms from the dead than Lieberman getting on a Republican ticket.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    In one breath McCain needs a solid conservative, and in the next breath you want the Liberal? Lieberman is a nice guy. I have not met him personally but he seems to have personal ethics. But he is a liberal when it comes to almost everything. The fact that he understands the threats we face better than most politicians does not change that.

Lieberman is honorable, but not a conservative (and where does he stand on the 2A?)

Chad
    I said what McCain NEEDS (paging Hawkeye) is a solid conservative. Of the Four choices I would take Lieberman, not because he I think he is conservative, but because he isn't a flip-flopping whore like Romney. I don't particularly think Lieberman is acceptable or suitable, but I could say the same thing about McCain.
    Don't forget to show my head to the people. It's well worth seeing.
    -Georges Danton

Feedback Score
    I just hope Obama picks Crappy Napy... er Janet Napolitano as his VP candidate so we can finally get rid of Governor No.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    I just hope Obama picks Crappy Napy... er Janet Napolitano as his VP candidate so we can finally get rid of Governor No.
    If its a woman, it will probably be Gov. Kathleen Sebelius
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    Yes, let's hope so. Not because they are black or female of course, but because they are clueless liberals.

Obama is such an enigma anymore. How has this man gotten so far and been so immune? Is this country so starved to spite itself that it will take any black candidate, including one tied so closely to someone like wright, just because he is black? Even so soon after 9/11??

I find it pathetic and frightening.
    Well, you could listen to the entirety of Wright's speech and you could then see where he was coming from as opposed to most soundbytes and knee jerk responses I've heard/seen/heard being spoken about. But that's a separate issue; maybe you have listened and read the transcripts and still disagree.

However, let's look at the twisted Reverend Hagee who is closely affiliated to and endorsed McCain - who also spoke highly of him. Take the time to delve into his background. It should make you cringe. Yet no big media binge for weeks on end about that... He made some comments recently and McCain "distanced himself" from him and still no media outcry. Odd.

For the record, I'm Black and I'm a Ron Paul supporter for his Constitutional stance on just about everything.

I stated over a year ago that it will be Ron Paul (assuming the country woke up...) or Obama (the lesser of three Monsters).

We will see; time uncovers all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast