Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P-07

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

CZ P-07

I was at the Pannone Covert Carry class this weekend (great class BTW) and he was running the P-07 with some enhancements. This gun is smaller than a Glock 19, was more accurate and had softer recoil.

Anyone running one of these?

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/CZP-07/

C4

Last edited by C4IGrant; 03-26-14 at 16:29.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've shot one and really liked it. It seemed to shoot soft and second shots were easy. I had a Glock 19 at the time and wanted to stick with Glocks. If I needed a handgun I might have purchased one.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm a glock fan but I think the P07 & P07 duty have more to offer for lower cost. I bought my bro a duty as a wedding gift. Nice DA/SA & ability to install mechanical safety or decocker sold me on it. And ,of course, the lower bore axis does seem to take the snap out of the recoil. The amount of literature that came in the box was impressive. Even came with a computer print out of test fire target from factory. I think you won't be let down if you get one.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    . This gun is smaller than a Glock 19, was more accurate and had softer recoil.

Softer recoil? how could it be? the bore axis is much higher than the glocks?

I have a CZ75B, while not the same as the 09 because it's all steel, it is soft shooting and very accurate. It's probably the softest shooting 9mm I've ever shot, that's including 1911s, Beretta, High Power, etc. The only gun that has lesser recoil is the SP01 Shadow, but that thing is much heavier too due to its accessory rail.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Softer recoil? how could it be? the bore axis is much higher than the glocks?

I have a CZ75B, while not the same as the 09 because it's all steel, it is soft shooting and very accurate. It's probably the softest shooting 9mm I've ever shot, that's including 1911s, Beretta, High Power, etc. The only gun that has lesser recoil is the SP01 Shadow, but that thing is much heavier too due to its accessory rail.
    I am hearing good things about the 09 and the round capacity is breathtaking!

C4

Feedback Score
    I have both a P07 and a P09 and they're both great. Personally, I shoot the metal framed CZs a little better so my Shadow and P02 get most of my range time, but the P07 and P09 have the advantages that compared to their metal counterparts they're lighter and hold more rounds. I also find that they're soft shooting and very accurate. The Omega triggers in them are actually pretty simple and can be made even nicer with a few parts from CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works. They're really easy to work on for the end user too, with the frame able to be stripped with a handheld punch (the mag catch needs a real thin punch.) It's also nice that you can swap the mag catch around if you're a lefty shooter. Spare/aftermarket parts are easy to get from the aforementioned places and also CZ USA, same with extra mags.

Feedback Score
    I hate you guys. I WILL NOT SUCCUMB to the latest craze! No matter how badly I want a P07 (or, even better, a P01). I keep telling myself, they don't make a .45 as a companion "winter gun," so I don't want one. Really. Don't. Stop TALKING to me, and get away from my credit card!

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    When I was looking to get into another pistol I took ok a long hard look at the new cz duty pistols solely on Pannone's recommendation. Only thing that stopped me was my FFL was sold out. In the meantime I happened across a minty 92fs. Traded a g26 for it. I still want to know what all the hype is on these P07 and P09's.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalms144.1 View Post
    I hate you guys. I WILL NOT SUCCUMB to the latest craze! No matter how badly I want a P07 (or, even better, a P01). I keep telling myself, they don't make a .45 as a companion "winter gun," so I don't want one. Really. Don't. Stop TALKING to me, and get away from my credit card!
    LOL. Mr. Pannone really likes CZ pistols so that info alone should make people take a close look at this gun. On top of that, they are VERY inexpensive.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    When I was looking to get into another pistol I took ok a long hard look at the new cz duty pistols solely on Pannone's recommendation. Only thing that stopped me was my FFL was sold out. In the meantime I happened across a minty 92fs. Traded a g26 for it. I still want to know what all the hype is on these P07 and P09's.

My guess is that it is because they are more accurate than a Glock or M&P, very reliable and are inexpensive.

C4

Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast