Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MI Keymod Panel Covers -- Now with photos on MI-SSK & BCM KMR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MI Keymod Panel Covers -- Now with photos on MI-SSK & BCM KMR

MI Keymod Panel Covers
    We are proud to release our very own panel covers for Keymod handguards.
    These covers use mechanical fasteners unlike others on the market which makes them extremely secure.
    These covers when placed on the MI-SSK handguard which has an outside diameter of 1.5” only increases it to 1.760” with the panels installed.
    The kits will come in three packs with one 3 slot cover, one 4 slot cover, and one 5 slot clover.
    There will be two variations, one with the 3 slot flat and another with the 3 slot having a built in hand stop.
    The three panels with all flats weigh in at .8oz and will retail for $19.95 with an introductory price of $18.00
    The three panel kit with the hand stop panel weighs in at .9oz and will retail for $19.95 with and introductory price of $18.00

Mounted on a SSK

Mount on KMR

Thank you,
    PETE
    MI

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Why are there screws if it's keymod?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    When you attach something to a Keymod rail, you still have to tighten down the actual inserts that go into the Keymod slots once they're in place. If not, it would slip out.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    When you attach something to a Keymod rail, you still have to tighten down the actual inserts that go into the Keymod slots once they're in place. If not, it would slip out.
    Noveske, BCM and KAC figured it out...

Feedback Score
    Did you even read their description? The second sentence answers your question and clearly explains they wanted mechanical fasteners to make the rail sections more secure than the other plastic slip in ones out there.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Did you even read their description? The second sentence answers your question and clearly explains they wanted mechanical fasteners to make the rail sections more secure than the other plastic slip in ones out there.

Seriously?

Yes, I did.

They aren't necessary...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    ...Because thats how keymod works...

and thats the point of these covers vs. others on the market that just attach by friction. A point lost on you.

I am quite happy about how these attach and ordered them for my KMR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We will be making these panels in two additional colors. Stealth gray (darker) and a Wolf gray ( med Gray like B5 )
    Thanks
    TROY
    MI

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Why all the fussin an fightin? If you don't want them, don't buy them...

Yes, the Noveske panels fit great, feel great, and lock up tight. But I've seen first hand how some folks have trouble putting them on and taking them off. How many AR owners set up a rifle and then leave it as is? Most owners change their set-up more often than my nieces change their Barbie clothes. As more Keymod products come to market, making quick easy changes is a plus. As far as the screws, other than some panels what other Keymod accessories don't have screws? Love it or hate it, isn't Keymod designed to be a standard? The screw and Keymod nut IS the standard.

I'm going to pick up some of these panels as soon as I figure out how I want to lay them out. If something better comes along, I'll switch them out and drop them in my parts box along with all the other parts I've moved on from.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Anyone else using these now? I like the idea of the fasteners. These seem like a better option all the way around. I'm a huge Noveske fan and I think their keymod rail panels suck. BCM's are non existent and KAC's look funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast