Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWAL 2 IR Laser

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

IWAL 2 IR Laser

For those of you that have not heard of the IWAL 2, it was a project started by a little company called Hayes Research. The goal was to create a fair priced, IR laser that was offset, QD/repeat zero and was compatible with the common tailcaps and batteries. These lasers are dependable, waterproof, shockproof and are easy to acquire!

IWAL 2's are compatible with PentagonLight and SureFire tailcaps. They can also use the ARMS and LaRue Tactical #17S mounts. The unit is powered via a CR123A battery (same battery that SureFire and PentagonLights use).

C4

www.GRTactical.com

IWAL 2 with ARMS #17S

IWAL 2 with LaRue Tactical #17S

IWAL 2 viewed through NV

Feedback Score
    Posted by C4IGrant: ....."These lasers are dependable, waterproof, shockproof and are easy to acquire!"

Hmmm, I didn't see these on your website, are they coming in soon? How much?
    -Fireman223

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireman223
    Posted by C4IGrant: ....."These lasers are dependable, waterproof, shockproof and are easy to acquire!"

Hmmm, I didn't see these on your website, are they coming in soon? How much?
    The laser itself (no mount or tailcap) is $499. They are not on my web site yet so you will have to call me to place you order.

C4

Feedback Score
    Is there anything like this that is available with a visible laser? Something nice and small and compact?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by molsen
    Is there anything like this that is available with a visible laser? Something nice and small and compact?
    No visible laser. If you want a quality offset laser, buy the LDI OTAL. They run between $400-$470.

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant,

I'd hate to say it.. BUT - I take your word that the laser is durable and dependable.... What about its mounting system ???

I had seen 4 M900a break at Quantico this week along... throw levers busted right up.. Flashlights still work.. But throw levers busted up !

Has there been any drop testing or the such down with this system ?
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SinnFéinM1911
    Grant,

I'd hate to say it.. BUT - I take your word that the laser is durable and dependable.... What about its mounting system ???

I had seen 4 M900a break at Quantico this week along... throw levers busted right up.. Flashlights still work.. But throw levers busted up !

Has there been any drop testing or the such down with this system ?

Brett,

The lever found on the M900A is the ARMS #17. We all know that they are not a reliable lever and are prone to breaking. VG's also can receive a lot of force applied to them. A rail mounted laser on the other hand does not.

The IWAL's are generally shipped with LT #17S mounts. No one has ever broken one to my knowledge.

I have not drop tested them personally, but some of my customers have beat on them pretty well without any issues.

C4

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know the MOA of the "dot" this laser projects?
    "If I didn't know you, I'd probably go get something and kill you with it." yeabillieboa

Feedback Score
    I've heard from a few people it's 9MOA.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Here is a picture of my IWAL 2 that I got from Grant a while back on a police target to give you a reference of the dot size to the human figure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast