Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rifle doubled at range today, trigger question and FYI I'm not retarded.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    I had a problem with a QMS I got when they first came out, trigger wouldn't reset. On the birght side, ALG service was great, and a replacement was at my door step in like two days. I did learn from this to always do a trigger reset function test during the build process.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What is most likely happening is the disconnector is releasing the hammer before the trigger is far enough forward to catch the hammer/sear notch as the disconnector "hands off" the hammer to the sear. This is usually an easy fix if you look at how the parts work with the upper removed.

Basically you have to remove material from the forward, bottom leg of the disconnector where it contacts the top of the trigger until the hook just clears the hammer as the trigger is released.

If you try to fix this just be sure not to let the hammer free fall and hit the back of the mag well.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    It's certainly good to know what's going on and the "why" it's happening. However I'm just going to let ALG fix it and not worry about it beyond that. I appreciate the info.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You need to do like our nut case buddy and get in there with the dremel.

Nothing goes unaltered with this dude.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    No surprise here. ALG is sending a replacement trigger and a return shipping label.

Again thanks for all the help everyone.

And markm, I swore off any form of "gunsmithing" after building a 1911. What a fun nightmare that was, mostly nerve-racking nightmare.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    And markm, I swore off any form of "gunsmithing" after building a 1911. What a fun nightmare that was, mostly nerve-racking nightmare.
    I never tried that... but I think we all have to go through the 1911 phase in one form or another before we get wise.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I never tried that... but I think we all have to go through the 1911 phase in one form or another before we get wise.
    Lol. I'm NOT a 1911 smith but I did it for the experience...it became the reason I shoot a Glock. It was enlightening but I will NOT do that again!
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    it became the reason I shoot a Glock
    Yes. Exactly. Or other modern service pistols. For example

This:

took me a many many man hours, 3x that in midget hours and cost me enough loot to purchase one of these (photo from Scott's dale gun club website):

or 5 or 6 of these (photo from pistol-training.com):

You could say I learned the hard and expen$ive way.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The fingerprint smudges on the slide in the second pic looks like they were made while utilizing the perfect grip to sling it across the room when that last f'n spring just won't seat. Lol.

Sent from my awesome iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    ALG is sending a replacement trigger and a return shipping label.
    I had the same problem w an ACT set, they also did the same, return label w a new set which solved the problem. I did however get some funny looks at the range with the double firing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast