Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White Oak Bolt vs BCM Bolt?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

White Oak Bolt vs BCM Bolt?

I try to search this forum and AR15.com for parts that are rated Top Shelf. I know that BCM bolt and all of their parts are rated Top Shelf. I can't find enough information to compare White Oak bolt. I look to buy parts I could trust and not to buy parts that will have a short life while being ran hard or easy. How would you rate White Oak Bolt?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog-1 View Post
    I try to search this forum and AR15.com for parts that are rated Top Shelf. I know that BCM bolt and all of their parts are rated Top Shelf. I can't find enough information to compare White Oak bolt. I look to buy parts I could trust and not to buy parts that will have a short life while being ran hard or easy. How would you rate White Oak Bolt?
    Why even bother when the BCM Bolt is well known?

C4

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We've run a few of them, and at one point Iraqgunz had one too.... appeared to be STAG/CMT if I remember right. No way of knowing for sure what the materials and testing is... so?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I'd go BCM. That's what I use, and it has run flawless for me.
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Why even bother when the BCM Bolt is well known?
    Possibly to get a WOA bolt to go with his WOA barrel? Just speculating...........

Keith

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bolts are bolts for the most part. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Most are made in the exact same shop by a select few companies with different brands on the bag.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post

Most are made in the exact same shop by a select few companies with different brands on the bag.
    Not any more. There is all kinds of crap floating around out there. If getting a real C158 bolt that's been properly tested matters to the end user, then bolts are not bolts.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

So I assume you have no issue using DPMS in all your guns?
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nonsense ! Parts are not parts and they're not all made by a select few companies.

OP I'd stick with the BCM bolt.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You may have been correct at one time, but like markm mentioned, not anymore. There is so much inferior garbage floating around it's not even funny. The WOA bolts I saw (AFAIK) were CMT. I think they were Carpenter 158, and they were only MPI tested.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast